Have you watched the World Cup !!!

1Chat

Here, watched Australia, Germany and Netherlands...actually listened streaming over I internet radio. Not all games but 4-5.

oz-surfer

Gold Member
I'm a massive fan of sport in general - but soccer is one game I just can't take to.

I have watched a couple of games and have enjoyed the spectacle of what is the world's biggest sporting event. However I just can't get past the absolute softness of most of the players. Countless times I have seen a player holding his face or leg and rolling around on the ground faking an injury whilst his team is defending or attacking with one player short. If this happened in most other sports that player would never get a game at the highest level.

The other aspect I really don't enjoy is the disrespect, man-handling and talking back to the umpire.

Many of the world's best soccer players display a total lack of character and respect for their own team/country and are just awful role models to junior players.

Happy2

Legend Member
I watched none of the soccer And for a non contact sport May I ask is biting considered non contact ie suarez I know the powers that be say not enough evidence I thought that Italian players shoulder with teeth marks would have been enough Especially given L Suarez's record

1Chat

I watched none of the soccer And for a non contact sport May I ask is biting considered non contact ie suarez I know the powers that be say not enough evidence I thought that Italian players shoulder with teeth marks would have been enough Especially given L Suarez's record

They don't want a video ref, which I think is good, these players think they are above the rules, pushing them to the boundaries, and in this instant over. I think its just a matter of time that a team drops a player because of misconduct, the sooner the better, its a game, representing your country, playing should be an honor and those kinds of moves are a disgrace!

1Chat

How many people do you know that has watched the world cup ........
To answer your question..... in 2006, 715.1 million people watched the world cup, I only know my immediate family and friends as viewers, to date and with the data I have collected, the 2014 world cup has about 2-3 viewers posting that they are viewers, with yourself being an unknown viewer, if this were to change, then this would make the 3 world cup viewers........

Happy2

Legend Member
To answer your question..... in 2006, 715.1 million people watched the world cup, I only know my immediate family and friends as viewers, to date and with the data I have collected, the 2014 world cup has about 2-3 viewers posting that they are viewers, with yourself being an unknown viewer, if this were to change, then this would make the 3 world cup viewers........
Maybe we are the loud minority ?

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
I havent watched a single game, but have read and seen lots of fun pickings on the cannibalism going on in the game...well the biting of another player's shoulder. LoL...funny guy.

Mila McCloud

Silver Member
I always watched World Cup why not its only once every 4 years I love soccer game. Back home in Sydney my friend and I used to get up super early in the morning then we will meet up with some other friends in the Cafe's and it always happened to be in winter so it freezing cold but we'd order a cup of hot coffee it'll warm us up. So much fun to watch soccer its exiting we always scream about off side, referee bullshit, penalty kick off and stuff its so funny.. Ohhh I miss that so much..

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
Hannibal Lecter junior just got banned for 9 games and fined some $$$...lol...i guess the clear message is, there is no room for cannibalism in this game.