Hanoi tips

leonar

Gold Member
dont know if my reply is still in time for your visit.

not Hanoi but been to HCMC pre-pandemic and hope you find my tips helpful.

exchange a small amount of USD in small notes at the airport. i was told USD is like gold in Vietnam and might come in handy. i did not need to use them throughout the trip though.

get a local sim card if you are going to stay there for a few days. not expensive.

not much to say about hotels. its all over the place on the internet. i have heard that hotels in districts with a smaller number is better?

food is very good if you enjoy vietnamese cuisine in general.

bars and clubs...not much. we went there to have a different kind of fun.

some of the massage places are inside hotels. i forgot the name but i located some easily by a simple google search whilst there. most of them are within walking distance.

ladies averaged out about 8/10. ask for the ones that speak English as you might be able to talk them back to the hotel for private services.

my experience was it started with a shower where she cleaned your body in a hot tub, then help you dry it and move onto the massage bed. then the usual. quite hard to communicate exactly what you want because of the language barrier. it was also my first time there so couldnt say that represents a top notch service.

dont forget to tip the "papa-san" when you get to the hotel and tell him to bring you a nice girl. i was told you are expected to tip them at arrival.

overall a nice experience and i look forward to going back there again. this time i may try to locate a local tour guide on social media platforms who knows where to go.

Gahgah Galah

Gold Member
I am fairly sure the place I found was called Neko Nuru Massage, on 3rd floor of an entertainment complex. Choice of 3 stunningly beautiful girls, soapy bath and nuru massage, finishing with a handjob. Sufficient English to figure it out, and apparently no tips expected for anyone unless the girl asks for extras

D

Deleted member 63640

How much per hour for fs and extras. Was told it was $50/hr few years ago

Are they mostly Viet girls with a few others from SEA and Europe?

Gahgah Galah

Gold Member
In Hanoi, it seems most are Viet girls. At Neko Nuru Massage, you choose a package price as per the website. The girl will ask for extras, I was offered a few choices at around 200,000 to 400,000 dong each. Apparently this shop has no expectation for tips to either the girl or the concierge.

In the Japanese entertainment district in HCM, supposedly girls from Korea and Cambodia, I was told. These are asking Japanese-businessman prices, on a card that is stuck under your nose as you walk past the supermarket, with whispers of more if you hesitate in your stride

Last edited:

leonar

Gold Member
I am fairly sure the place I found was called Neko Nuru Massage, on 3rd floor of an entertainment complex. Choice of 3 stunningly beautiful girls, soapy bath and nuru massage, finishing with a handjob. Sufficient English to figure it out, and apparently no tips expected for anyone unless the girl asks for extras
i didnt visit Vietnam frequently enough to offer the level of details. thanks mate. really hoping i can find enough excuses for another trip.

i was not sure what to expect at the time but a fellow punter on the plane told me i should always be prepared to tip the guy who leads girls to you at the hotel. wasn't that much anyway. i think the guy also expected us to tip him. his English was enough to tell us that he appreciated the tips and will bring the most beautiful girl (well i wasn't expecting him to say anything else). the girls were quite ok to be honest...Viet girls have a different vibe comparing to Chinese girls.

im pretty sure the girls that came in were all Viet girls. i chose the one that has less enhancement to her body.

it seems the Japanese entertainment district is the way to go.