• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Greeting from Gav the Gecko

T

Tania Admin

Hi Bali boi. And a very warm welcome :)
I hope that via the Langtrees.com sponsored Forum that you can achieve your goal.
Would love to know some more about you :)

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Hello Bali Boi, I moved your post into its own thread so i could thank you for the wonderful help you gave us setting up Darwin. How id the role in Kakadu, when is the best time to visit, as itching to get up their and see this amazing land.
Now whilst you are Bali Boi you will always be Gav the gecko to me. FullSizeRender.jpg

How is Maddy handling the new job.

T

Tamara

Hey Bali Boy
How's it going? You should drop back in if you are up this was as the place has transformed even more now. Mary-Anne has been her whirlwind self but it's starting to look fantastic.
Hope life is treating you guys well, would love to catch up soon

D

Debby xox

Oh my goodness Gav the Gecko. How we have missed you.
Was awesome meeting you and Maddy, it definitely was meant to be.
Enjoyed the fun times with you. Miss you heaps tho.
Give Maddy big hugs. Hope all is going well for you
Debby xoxox

Gav the Gecko

Bronze Member
Hello Bali Boi, I moved your post into its own thread so i could thank you for the wonderful help you gave us setting up Darwin. How id the role in Kakadu, when is the best time to visit, as itching to get up their and see this amazing land.
Now whilst you are Bali Boi you will always be Gav the gecko to me. View attachment 40814

How is Maddy handling the new job.
so was going to sign in as gav the gecko but decided to add a bit of mystery first!

ok... to answer a few questions!
Jabiru is very quiet except for all the cockatoos chatting away all day. We get around on our bicycles to work and to the local shopping center. Small post office, medium sized supermarket but expensive, library (reading a few books as a lot of down time) and a bakery (like their bread). the other bar in town is the golf club not far from our accommodation and go there at lest once a week and and get takeaway ciders from there too!
Our place is basic but have a spare room with 2 single beds, drab colored curtains but comfortable enough for the 2 of us. Started a bit of a veg garden with seedlings and collecting large tins from work to plant out into!
Work... hmm. Busy last week and we both got good hours. Very quiet this week and Boo has only been given 3 short shifts! Seems we having the "English language" problem again. Cant really work out whats going on with our boss, there is a bit of communication problem there to. Seems she is not very well liked in town and seems to not be trying to rectify the situation. Bit sole destroying working with her some shifts!
Boo has been getting a little bit of extra work cleaning but really looking for something a bit more, hopefully at 1 of the 2 hotel/lodges in town. Boo is booked to go to Bali early December for our youngest daughters wedding so is just looking forward to that.
The chef has just brought a boat so if i get a day off together we are going fishing!

Really miss ya all, and hope to visit ya all in Darwin or have you visit us here...
will keep updating!

Oh my goodness Gav the Gecko. How we have missed you.
Was awesome meeting you and Maddy, it definitely was meant to be.
Enjoyed the fun times with you. Miss you heaps tho.
Give Maddy big hugs. Hope all is going well for you
Debby xoxox

Yay so agree! Miss ya to!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Fantastic People Sharaz, strangers that needed each other for a time and sure to come back together one day, that should keep her guessing LOL

Gav the Gecko

Bronze Member
Thanks all... sorry have bad news from us. Today we were both dismissed from our jobs at the Jabiru Sports and Social club . The reasons given are to trivial to write here, will try and work the week out as our accommodation goes with the jobs. Will be looking around tomorrow for more jobs here in Jabiru and possible accommodation. On the positive side there is a good chance we may return to Darwin soon!

D

Debby xox

Oh my gosh, Gav so sorry to hear about your bad news. Good for us tho as we have missed you and boo.
Hope to see you soon xxxx

Gav the Gecko

Bronze Member
what we do is mostly work, so this Saturday i have the day off. will try and attend a local football game and have asked permission from some of my favorite customers to take photos of them. with help of admin will post photos of original land owners! I've been here 6 weeks and people here toke 6 minutes to steal my heart! its a kakadu thing eh