• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Greece looks like paradise...

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
1601firepower.png
Hmmmm nice figures.

Phoebe

Legend Member
How in the hell can this happen in a matter of 8 years

Hmmmmm I dont know.... but look around your home do u see much "Made in Australia" other than your kids... LOL

Link is broken,so has been taken down

Last edited by a moderator:

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
what ?? what did Feebxz remove ?i never saw wat sHE had on

frank mueller

Silver Member
How in the hell can this happen in a matter of 8 years
The greek budget deficit and national debt figures from 8 years ago were falsified by government officials, the situation was already a lot worse than it appeared. Also, dodging taxes is a greek national hobby.

Happy2

Legend Member
Seems fitting
They invent Greek sex Now the whole country is copping it up the arse

Phoebe

Legend Member
This thread is about the aussie economy not the greek one...

Miss Monique

Adelaide's original Plus Size Delight
Legend Member
O goodness even worse it's our own backyard. If you look what is going on around the world, Argitina in state of emergency food crisis, the USA struggling, Canada struggling unemployment a big issue. In our local paper here last week crime rates increase due to unemployment rate and Holdens is yet to close along with other large business.

Phoebe

Legend Member
The Northern suburbs of Adelaide eg Elizabeth, and surrounds are never going to rebound, the st-kilda side of main north road from geeps cross is Detroit, ironically when you cross that road inland and you get to hillbank, spring hill, Salisbury heights where doctors and other professionals live the homes are massive, even into golden grove, but the other side of the road is decaying, sad really, same as down south there too.

You can not save a state by announcing 2,500 submarine jobs... Xmas 2017 there will be no Toyota in Altona - Victoria, Ford in Broadmeadows and geelong which alcoa and shell closed there too, so did Target, then holden fishermans bend which will be flattened and turned into another docklands (failure) but where will those work? services are a not a finite industry... plus elizabeth will close then what for that plant and its workers.

We keep on hearing transition ok from mining boom to where? we all know point A but what is point B... 85% of what coles and Woolworth's sell is foreign owned, drive along a highway, BP,shell,Mobil,Catlex all foreign, the food shops mcdonalds, hungry jacks, wendys, subway all foreign, even in the middle of Australia same deal, the coffee machines that we rely upon daily for a kick same deal all euro made, so if this continues where to for Australia? The farms are being sold to the likes of Fontera (NZ) which on the subject go to the Hosiery section in djs and myer and see if you can find Made in Australia, NO but you can see Made in NZ come on they can make pantyhose Aussie land can not.... same as Italy which is a basket case....

I am living in a serviced apartment the garage door and the remote for this are Made in Mexico FFS, arent we told Made in Australia ius best..... where can I buy this....

I had this whinge at work meeting one day.. I said to the whole room I challenge you to have a 24 hour all Aussie day, they said what you mean, I said you can use or consume any good that is foreign made or foreign owned, The good or consumable MUST be made in Australia and owned by Australia, they all looked at me with amazement and all said that's impossible... funny that..... but they all sang the praises of this nation, eg Aussie Aussie oi oi oi.....

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/nat...rk-in-their-own-building-20160523-gp1h6x.html

The department has moved 625 of its staff into the newly built and leased office block since February 29, with about 1450 staff to be in the building once the move is completed by the end of June.

WTF "LEASED"

Last edited:

Miss Monique

Legend Member
My local Coles is closing on 31 st July units to be built on the land and so many shops at the new Churchill Center gone 2 well know cafes gone bust one owed $135k in rent hadn't paid rent since June last year. My area is looking bad mixture of private owned homes then housing SA homes 3 places boarded up in my street plus many more in the area such an eyesore. I work from both home in Kilburn and Elizabeth Downs both low social economic areas. Masters hardware built a second Adelaide store thats sitting empty, Dick Smith stores gone and the list goes on

Phoebe

Legend Member
Myer moved into the new elizabeth shopping center because holden told them they were staying put... look how that happened, so they knock down something like in sydney ad put up units, how are people going to pay for these when jobs are drying up? sydney and melb look awful now with all these unit blocks, melb was a great european city now it looks shit sorry but it does having ugly units on every street corner... and in these areas are soul less you never see anyone in them... The expansion of golden grove village is on hold but they put in two new bottle shops wtf is that... New suburb goes in, units and low quality builds a BP on the run goes in, coles/wollies and a bottle shop mixed with a few fast food places thats your lot....

I am sorry to hear that Miss Monique, http://churchillcentre.com.au/store-finder/ same stores as there are at the main north rd shops, same as west lakes, same as in the city all within a few minute drive of there and in the city u have to pay for parking, but if you park out of town and get the tram in its free, so hey there are tricks...

My last time in Adelaide was emotional my ex and ex's kids live there and I wish the best for my ex and the kids even though I am not there I wish them all the best for the future but as the they all say, what future? jobs are drying up SA is known as the 3 ways and its mostly freight and trucking, wineries get told rip up the vines plant olives then the reverse, and the wine industry there is foreign controlled, pernod is a major player, but they sacked loads a few years back too... where will all those kids you see walking down north terrace to and from uni get a job there?

Parsival

Silver Member
High cost, low productivity, patchy quality and poor service are sadly notable features of our economy. Not yet can we claim to be the innovation nation. Many of us over the last 2 decades living off the "mining boom that would never end" also expected to be paid like rock stars. Middle class welfare and expectation driven by a magic pudding view of economics and government finances has also grown to a toxic level. A long term painful adjustment is going to occur I believe, measured less in months and more in years....many years I fear. We may yet become that which Keating (I believe) once warned of...."the white trash of Asia".

I sometimes despair of our Nation's ability to make hard decisions for the long term.....

Bambi

Creature in the Shadows
Legend Member
greece-01.jpg

I really thought this would be posts about Greece.... it looks like paradise

Happy2

Legend Member
Good time to go as a tourist Just hope the people aren't being screwed over by mean tourists who know their money is so needed

Miss Monique

Legend Member
All along both Prospect and Churchill Rd apartments going up last count 12 lots on Churchill rd from Regency rd to City. Myer closed in Elizabeth couple years ago and Harris Scalf have gone in there. I have heard both Target and Big W next to shut stores. I feel for the people who are hocked to the hell owe the banks so much money or so far in debt. We own all we have outright even our car both paid for cash and I feel people will need to learn skills in how to live more fugal as sad times ahead. I have friends in Canada and the hubby has taken to fishing so they can fill up their freezer with food. He has been out of work for 4 months this is a man who has worked all his life.

A

ampmassageboy

We now have a global economy and as such when times are hard in a few places the knock on is swift and deep

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
Greeks are shooting blanks with their negative budget.

Sadly the global economies are fueled by debts. The US can print money out of thin air and keep the stimulus going and push the shit up the stream. Greece being a member of EU, cannot print their own Euros and pull rabbits out of their butts...hence...their economy went belly up with over borrowing without the capability of meeting the commitments. It's just like the banks offering to increase your credit limit without assessing your ability to repay the debt. When your debt is as high as poop mountain, your in deep shit Greek style.