• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Grand Final... the two top sides..

forest

Gold Member
Well the two top sides have made it into the grand final... the pies by the skin of their teeth.

I think the Cats will win have the wood over the Pies all this year.

Happy2

Legend Member
Over friday night yet forest I hated and loved the game all at the same time
And do we think the Eagles can repeat their great effort next year?
They are pre lim finalists now so will play the top 8 sides twice next year rather than
the bottom 8 twice like this year (except ol Freo of course)

forest

Gold Member
"Over friday night yet forest I hated and loved the game all at the same time"

Yeah, happy2, over it and looking forward to next year. It was a good game, scrapy because of the pressure involved, the Pies are a great side and there no shame in losing... the Hawks were just too tired, by the forth quarter, to keep it up.

Eagles will do fine next year, they are a good balanced group... hard to believe they came last, last year but players like Cox have really turned their game around.

W

WRXXXR

Eagles did alright this year indeed. Makes you really wonder about tanking..

They were never going to beat the cats. The difference between the top 4/6 and the top 2 is still a massive leap. Few decent games in recent weeks. Pies v hawks and eagles v Carlton were great games to watch

I don't know who'll win next week. Too many pro's for each side but I think it's going to be an incredible game.

Happy2

Legend Member
Hi WR3XR I dont think tanking came into it last year There was absolutely no benefit in coming last. Not with Goldcoast getting all the top picks Unlike previous seasons

W

WRXXXR

There was still no reason to finish last though surely when the coach and team have proven themselves as decent players??

Maybe they just didn't gel but it's not like they are a struggling footy club. Port certainly aren't going to make top 4 next year that's for sure

T

tartufo

Grand final is gonna be great! two best teams made it this year 4 sure now lets see who is numba 1!!!!

forest

Gold Member
I reckon this Grand Final is more interesting than last year, while the Saints did get the draw they were also clearly not as good a the Pies. This year the two sides are very closely matched.

W

WRXXXR

Pies to loose the first 3 quarters and finish 5 in front. It's cliche I know but if it's a genuinely close game similar to the game against hawks or eagles v blues then footy is the real winner. I like the floggings during the season but finals aren't the place.

It'd be great to see malthouse finish the season on top before finding his way to freo and leading fyfe to a brownlow, norm smith and premiership next year! Time to wake up I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Aussie_Dave

I think Geelong might get up to win. Going to be a close exciting game.

S

Saige

Cats will give a good game for Malthouses last run!! Going to be a fantastic game cant wait!

xxxc

forest

Gold Member
Yep... I still think the Cats will win: they have done well against the Pies all year and seem to be, IMO, playing the better footy at the moment.

I'm looking forward to a good match, a cold beer and a nice BBQ, I hope there won't be a blow out either way...

S

Saige

OMG.... I just relised I booked myself out the whole time through the footy....do you think he will mind if I wheel the telly into the room, have a beer and ask him only to talk during quarter and half time????::)::)::)

S

Saige

OMG.... I just realised I booked myself out the whole time through the footy....do you think he will mind if I wheel the telly into the room, have a beer and ask him only to talk during quarter and half time????::)::)::)

forest

Gold Member
LOL... well there are always people who have work... besides (if he likes footy) he may just think he's in heaven with you and footy!

Last edited:
S

sexnut

omg.... I just realised i booked myself out the whole time through the footy....do you think he will mind if i wheel the telly into the room, have a beer and ask him only to talk during quarter and half time????::)::)::)

....... ..............>.>

Happy2

Legend Member
I know its a sex site but for me grand final is
Mates Food and seriously cold Beer and some wine for the gentle folk and more beer for the rest of us