• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Flight Plans

T

tracee

Howdy all, I am asking those people who know the country North of Perth of what town I should call into on my way to Perth, I am currently on a Cattle Station in the Pilbara........ and thought that I would flight plan "coastal" to Perth. As I have to stop once to refuel (to be safe), I can choose between Onslow, Exmouth, Carnarvon or Geraldton. I can't get fuel at Coral Bay. Denham, or Kalbarri which I would love to visit, and if time is on my side I might just pop in. The alternative is to fly direct to Perth via Meekatharra, but I still remember my father sating it was the end of the earth...... and I've already been there.... and it is. I've got nearly a full plane load as I have a few lads coming with me for a bit of R&R, but they won't be coming to the LT party. My secret. The boys here are keen on dropping in on Coral Bay, cause its a small walk to the pub.... apparently..... not good for me though, I tend to want to have a pee.... not nice at 5000+ feet especially with pax. Had to drop into Karratha the other day because of wanting a desperate pee, ended up staying a couple of nights and had a really good time.
So would love any suggestions. Not leaving until Friday morning now, but the trip should only take me about 5-6hrs allowing for the refuel. but not any sightseeing.
SEEYASOON

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Re: Flight Plan to Perth

Exmouth, babe.........nice place.........good seafood. I am sure you will like it.
Have a good trip ;)

R.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

aDel_

Gold Member

omg rochelle i ws going to say the same thing!!! the sun the beaches the relaxed atmosphere... adorable place i love it i go every year!!!

B

benqaz

I'm assuming your planning to go into town for food or take a break rather than just fuel? Otherwise its not going to make too much a difference.

Onslow basically just exists for the salt mine, not much of a town. Dirt airport not sure if you could get a hire car or fuel for the plane.
Exmouth I think there is 2 options the main airport at Learmonth and a small one at Exmouth. Only been to the main one, its a long way from town 30 mins or so. Learmonth car hire only maned when an flight due. Nice small town, some good fresh seafood.
Carnarvon the airport is very close to town, 5 mins and taxi. Couple decent small shops to eat near the water. See the Nasa tracking station as you fly by.
Geraldton, only done stop and fuel never even been inside the terminal. Its a fair way from town however.

If nothing else flying past Denham and over the Sharkbay area is some nice scenery.

Buzz

Foundation Member

HI Tracee, So we are going to have the pleasure of a pilot on friday night. You wont need a flight plan friday night..nor will you need your navigation charts. and there will be lots a scenery for your viewing pleasure. Perhaps a few low altitude flybys, touch and go landings.
Check your flaps are down for the low level passes lol
happy navigating