• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

First class service...

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Seen it advertised as much as about 8 times the cost and so I`ve never had the money to try but for all those that have please explain to us...

What is it about first and business class when flying that makes it worth paying the extra? I know the seats are bigger, your blanket is a different color and from what I have heard, the food is better.

From my view...
Sometimes you simply are not in the mood to eat, I`m quite comfy in my chair, we all arrive at the same time and research has shown that the back of the plane is most often the safest.

So for me, I`m happy to fly cattle class and use the extra money for spending.

Trinco

Gold Member
As a person who has fLown many times work/personal reasons Theseus a big difference, yes the food is better but the comfort and ease you fly is the best, air hostess at your beck and call, and the emirates and qantas both gave sky bed which for me with long legs makes it that much better
I prefer to fly first class when I can, I'm a one trip a year person and that means first class flying,

B

BigBlackCock

First class is great especially for any trips over 5 hours. I fly SIA first class often and their service is great - everything from the Silver Kris lounge before boarding means you can sit in a relaxed environment without heaps of people everywhere, entertain clients if you have to. The ones in Europe have showers too.

Also, it means your luggage gets priority and not having to queue to get on or off. The seats are immensely comfortable and wide and they stretch out into the most comfortable of beds virtually. As far as "beck and call" goes, it's the least of my worries but the food is certainly good - often created by well known Michelin chefs.

The biggest thing though about flying first or business class is the NOISE! It's so much quieter largely because the engines are way behind you comparatively making for good sleep especially when changing times zones or on business trips where you've to arrive fresh and alert for meetings.

That being said, the difference between first and business class isn't that huge and I fly business more than I fly first. Usually the sound system/headsets are far better than the tinny economy ones.

With the newer planes that are used on long haul flights, SIA is introducing a category called "Executive Economy" which borders somewhere between business and economy.

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
So let me try to understand... If your going on a long flight, perhaps travelling thru the night then it`s better to have a decent chair that you could easily fall asleep in.

But can I ask, what happens if there is a child travelling first class that refuses to be quiet, then what s the airline crew allowed to do?

Fudd

Foundation Member
...But can I ask, what happens if there is a child travelling first class that refuses to be quiet, then what s the airline crew allowed to do?

...they put the kid in the overhead locker....heaps of room....lol :)

C

callgirl

But can I ask, what happens if there is a child travelling first class that refuses to be quiet, then what s the airline crew allowed to do?

Flying on a plane next to 12 screaming kids is enough to drive anyone insane -- and that's exactly what set Kristen Johnston The star from 3rd rock from the Sun off last night ... and the 12 kids belonged to Octomom!

Nadya Suleman was flying back from New York City last night and her and the brood took up most of the business class section of the plane. The flight was delayed for more than two hours and Nadya tried to silence the kids -- to no avail.

The crying babies annoyed the "3rd Rock from the Sun" star so much, she marched over to Nadya and told her keep it down.

Nadya's rep tells TMZ Nadya fired back, "How would you like me to keep eight 2-year-olds quiet?" To which Kristen allegedly responded, "Get more help!"

The rep says Nadya shouted back, "Why don't you grow a baby and get a life!"

Eventually Kristen returned to her seat, but according to Nadya's rep ... Kristen got off the plane and never returned.

We got Nadya when she belatedly landed at LAX, and she had no idea Johnston was a celebrity, telling us, "I guess there's some people that don't like kids."

Source
Octomom in Plane Fight with 'Third Rock From the Sun' Star Kristen Johnston | TMZ.com

Last edited by a moderator:
W

wcmonger

Seen it advertised as much as about 8 times the cost and so I`ve never had the money to try but for all those that have please explain to us...

What is it about first and business class when flying that makes it worth paying the extra? I know the seats are bigger, your blanket is a different color and from what I have heard, the food is better.

From my view...
Sometimes you simply are not in the mood to eat, I`m quite comfy in my chair, we all arrive at the same time and research has shown that the back of the plane is most often the safest.

So for me, I`m happy to fly cattle class and use the extra money for spending.

Business class within Australia is way overpriced & over rated. Flights are only 1 to 4 hours so is not that big a deal.

I normally fly business on O/S trips as it is much better to stretch out & sleep especially as I try to fly at night so I dont lose a day.

Also you get much better treatment O/S with fast track immigration when flying Business class.

:eek:ccasion14

Happy2

Legend Member
Call girls post brought to mind something that Steve Vizard mentioned. He and baby were flying Melb to Syd During the flight he was comforting his baby on his shoulder patting its back etc Meanwhile there was a commotion going on all around him. His bub was covering the person behind with projectile baby spew. Meanwhile he was still patting babe whilst asking what all the damn noise was about

W

WRXXXR

Emirates a380 has showers and beds in first class I believe?

On a recent trip to dubai I entered 1st class instead of cattle and return was around $10,500 compared to $1600ish...

On every flight over 90minutes I take, I always make sure I get the back row of the emergency exit seats. That way you get extra legroom but you can also recline :D usually costs between $5-$25.

Never flown 1st or business and doubt i ever will but after 3 flights with air Berlin even economy in air Asia and tiger feel good :)

I've found that babies tend to cry when taking off and landing so maybe it's really hurts their ears?

Last edited by a moderator:

Fudd

Foundation Member
I've found that babies tend to cry when taking off and landing so maybe it's really hurts their ears?

.....due to the internal cabin air pressure changing as the aircraft climbs and descends.

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Thing is.... if the child was in First class and decided to make a noise that`s unbearable, I`m sure they wouldn`t even offer any kind of refund.
So you pay extra to lay in a bed you may not even get to be comfortable.

Happy2

Legend Member
Surely if the child is crying in first class The hostess takes the baby down to
commoner class and hands the baby to the first class passengers wet nurse
Or at least drops it in the lap of the standby passenger . Let them pay for buying super cheap seats

B

BigBlackCock

Maybe I'm just plain lucky or most families can't afford to fly first class (it would be a planeload of cash to spend) but I've never seen a baby anywhere in first. A babe yes but not a baby.

P

Perth boy

Any trip over 5hrs I go business.

Now the reason is the food and drinks are better, the service is better, you get express check in so you can get to airport later, In Dubai you get your own check in and imagration area so no line ups, If you have a delay you get free hotel accomadation and transfers, you get picked up from your home and dropped back for free by a drive car. You get the business lounge with free drinks and food and showers etc. In the plane you are at the front so get less turbalance, The seats are big and most flights go down flat so you can sleep. You get a small matress to put on the seat & most beds have massage machines in them.

Best of all because you are so much more comfortable when you arrive you are freash and dont lose a day or two with jet lag. When you land your off to whatever you have planed.

W

WRXXXR

Some of you blokes have far to much cash!

Example is the well worn emirates flight from perth to Rome booked for next feb.

Economy $1975 return
Business $7800 return
First $11,600 return.

Think I'll just stick to buying exit aisle seats down in coach.

P

Perth boy

Some of you blokes have far to much cash!

Example is the well worn emirates flight from perth to Rome booked for next feb.

Economy $1975 return
Business $7800 return
First $11,600 return.

Think I'll just stick to buying exit aisle seats down in coach.

WRXXXR you can get business class to Rome with Emirates for around $5500 sometimes cheeper. I last went to Rome about two months ago. Most of the time I buy a economy ticket with cash and upgrade with points to business.

B

BigBlackCock

If the company wants me to close a deal for them that costs millions then it's in their interests to get me to the destination in the best condition. I've flown economy before when the company was going through lean times - and that was at my insistence.

I've flown first class on a few occasions on my private time but only as a treat e.g. with someone I love dearly and we both pay our own way. Remember too that when you fly first, you do accumulate frequent flyer points which can be put to good use.

I know one ingenious lady who owns almost half a block of flats which she rents out as holiday accommodation and it does well. She pays EVERYTHING on the bills of those flats from electricity to phone bills etc using her fly buy card and gets a free business class ticket to England every year. Mind you, that's an exception more than the rule.