FAcT or Fiction??

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Which TV commercial do you think is the most misleading??

Is it Hungry Jacks where they claim it takes 2 hands to hold a whopper?? (that is, as long as you have small hands)

or

The commercials that promote weightloss but fails to tell you how long it took to get those results.

or

The bank that tells you it listens but nothing they do ever changes.

or

The cereal company that says it gives your kids energy but doesn`t tell you that that is because it is so high in sugar.

or

Maybe someone can think of another...

B

BigBlackCock

Look at all the employment ads that tell you they're a caring, people organisation.

Happy2

Legend Member
As BBC says employment ads You will be working within a well oiled machine.
And you know the only thing well oiled are the palms of those up above

B

BigBlackCock

Love the one where they say "This man is a dentist so we can't show you his face - but we can show you his toothbrush". The Chaser threw that one into the bin by going into a whole lot of dental practices and asking dentists to show their face and toothbrush.

Medibank did a series for a while where you could get massages by the sea and a chopper would come in with a masseuse. Yeah right.

Anyone see an Aussie throw a shrimp on the barbie lately?

N

Naughty Thoughts

I love the credit union ads that say "never pay bank fees again" - because you'll be paying credit union fees instead!

The biggest misleading "advertisement" I've seen are all the anti-virus reports that say "no virus found" when what they should really be saying is "no known virus found". Small distinction, but very important.

bushseeker

Foundation Member
BT investments saying if you had money with them over ANY 10 year period it would show a profit

well i have the paperwork to prove a 25% LOSS over a 10 year period with them

split growth fund AND european investment fund

not to mention the big tax liability I copped due to them selling profatible products while thee value fell so the loss is even bigger

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Vodafone txt messages coming from the UK which state that your number apparently did win $200.000 and to get the price you have to send back a hell of a lot private details. I received two.....one on my Australian phone and one on my NZ phone.......yeah right guys......

R.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

S

Spaceball1

Topical I know, but the pubs and clubs ad complaining about people having to register for long term, large sum betting on pokies, saying it is "a license to gamble", and "unaustralian". It has been found to be an effective way to manage problem gambling.

Also, anyone remember the old "BRAS BRAS BRAS BOXERS G-STRINGS, CD'S FROM $5 DOLLARS!!! 2 DAYS ONLY THATS RIGHT 2 DAYS ONLY!!!!" Yet it would go on for a month or more.