Facebook messages

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Larry83

Just a small rant that ive been finding. And im not alone.
Have you ever noticed if you send someone a message on facebook and after a week or two weeks you notice they havent sent a message back, yet they have changed their status and added photos.
Whats up with that? Why ignore me? Have a done something wrong or said something to upset you?
At least let me know. I can understand some messages dont go across and people are busy but still. Why go from talking to me to nothing.
Or what i and other people have noticed is people add you as a friend at their request and then two or three weeks later you notice someone missing. And you realise its them.
How bizare, how bizare.
(end rant)

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
can someone xplain how to see someones profile,n contact them on facebook....sorry im not up with this IT industry

johnlou

5 Star General
Foundation Member
can someone xplain how to see someones profile,n contact them on facebook....sorry im not up with this IT industry

Bepp left click on their nic and then go to view profile , also if thay have an avitar , left click on it and u will go to their profile :)

fifoboy

Gold Member

On facebook you need to be their friend before you can start talking to them, add them as a friend and you can send a message with the friend request. If they accept your friend request, you can then start sending messages back and forth.

K

Kama Sutra Couple

Inescapable truth of the raw ability to communicate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week...

F

flange gasket

Facebook dump them if it annoys you so much.

I reckon I've done it a few times, think to myself "I'll reply to that later" then completely forget and then it's slipped to the bottom then think its probably a bit silly to continue a conversation.

Being Facebook dumped by someone else is an interesting one. I'm not too fussed if they have a smallish list and we dont really hang out or anything, but it's odd when they've got hundreds of people.

The real funny one is when you've been Facebook dumped and haven't even noticed "when the fuck did that happen, I couldve sworn they were on my list' etc..

Not worth worrying about. People are weird and most of the time dont mean to be rude.

H

HenryBperth

You choose in your options of Facebook who can see you. You can choose that anyone in your Network, which is most likely Australia, or it could be more networks depending on what you have chosen, can see you or only your freinds can see your profile. If you can only see there profiles pic and the name isnt a link then they have it set for only freinds and you have to request they add you as a friend first. If their name is a link then their options are set to allow anyone in their network to see them and you are obviously on the same network as them.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Henry

svengali

Foundation Member
I joined facebook a few months ago because I was about to become a grandfather and wanted to keep up with my daughter's pregnancy, ultrasound pics etc. I found it to be the worst designed pain in the a***e of a website I have ever been involved with and intend to quit it as soon as I can figure out how. It is as slow as a wet week, hard to navigate and pretty much useless as a means of staying in touch with anyone.

Back to 'phone, email and personal visits for me.

fifoboy

Gold Member
Select settings from the top menu, then select deactivate account at the bottom. A big screen will show up saying all your friends will miss you and then it will give you a box to tick as to why, tick the no more email box and press the big red button. All over.

S

Spunkymunky

I ifnd it pretty handy to stay in contact with people....that said i use it most days so perhaps for a more infrequent user it is not as good?

M

Mary Anne PA

What I find really annoying is when random people I don't know try to add me on facebook!! What is up with that

Bluegrass9

Diamond Member
Facebook, where would we be without it? I only signed up to keep in contact with my son who lives in England and my brother and sister in Perth and Singapore. It is also a good way to keep in contact with other writers.
:walk:

someguy

Silver Member
I found a friend that I hadn't had any contact with for over 10 years through facebook so that's a plus for me. Other than that it has no real benefits

X

xciteable

I have to admit Im a bit of a fb junkie :) (blush). I have loads of rellies here, and in the UK and NZ and all over so it's an easy way of keeping in touch, and sharing pics etc.
Ive found tons of old friends too like "someguy"...but yeah sometimes the weird friends requests annoy the hell outta me.

Bluegrass9

Diamond Member
Ladies are not weird but just different. Some of us need to be able to be with ladies to enjoy their company and the sexy way they have been put together.

I am happy to see and enjoy the beauty of a female.

K

kelth73

I love my face book account, I use it to keep in contact with friends I dont get to see all the time because of how far away I live. I have missed lots of messages that were sent to me previously because of all the different notifications that I receive. I find that I have to go looking back over a couple of days or weeks sometimes and make sure that I reply. I would hate anyone to feel as though I'm not interested in replying or I'm ignoring them.
I have also been guilty of blocking people and messages from some acquantices. Its great having all this technology and methods in your life but sometimes you can start to feel very intruded upon.
Life can also make you so busy that you forget to just plain reply and as hurtful as this can be to the other perple/person involved it is really not meant to be a personal thing against that person.

Bluegrass9

Diamond Member
keith73 I find there is not enough hours in the day to spend too much time on the internet. One can spend hours in chat rooms and yes even forums like this one.

I have stopped chat rooms now and this forum I spend most of my time on. I also spend some time on TAGGED. I find it a good place to meet new people.

There is a rumor they want people to pay to use Facebook. This bluegrass9 will not!

K

kelth73

Ive been on Tagged as well but didn't like it. Yeah they changed it lately not too happy with it myself really dropped off it a fair bit and finding myself joining onto this more. By the way I'm not keith73 im kelth73 as in Kelly, LOL that's fine I'm so use to getting different names lol.
My husband and I are building our first home at the mo and use it to post the new pixs of our house as it moves itself along.
I agree if they make us pay for Face book then I'm out of there FOREVER!!

Bluegrass9

Diamond Member
Bugger! Please forgive me kelth73. I have to admit the bouncing breasts did distract me slightly-actually a lot. (in a good way).

Well Kelly, I am happy you are a Kelly and a beautiful one at that.

B

bigkurp

I too hate being added by randoms. What are they, desperate for friends?

Bluegrass9

Diamond Member
They do it by random in the hope they will meet someone who will change their whole life for the better.

I would prefer to buy a lottery ticket so I can have more to choose to be my friends.
:walk::3some:

S

smc2009

Not even tempted to get a Facebook Account. So much information posted that it is hard to keep up. I rather have a drink with my friends and talk face to face........

Bluegrass9

Diamond Member
Oh those were the days my friends. I remember when people use to go together on a picnic or a bbq down by the river. Sometimes people would drop in for a drink or a nice cup of tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.