• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Embedding Videos in a Post

svengali

Foundation Member
I wonder if any of you computer experts can help me with a problem which is driving me nuts. On another bulletin board I frequent it is possible to "embed" videos from youtube into a post so that the youtube "screen" appears in the post and clicking to play it leads straioght to the site and plays the clip. So, if I have a clip like this one:

Link is broken,so has been taken down

It is possible to somehow put [video] tags on it and this will happen. Every time I try it it just comes up as an ordinary link. One of the other members has "explained" the process but I just can't get it to work and my sanity is on the line here.::)

Does anyone here know the secret?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCock

Legend Member
Link is broken,so has been taken down

[video=youtube;Juu18]

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Naughty Thoughts

I've seen it done a few ways.

1. With an iFrame:

Code:
<iframe width="[COLOR="#FF0000"]420[/COLOR]" height="[COLOR="#FF0000"]315[/COLOR]" src="[COLOR="#FF0000"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juu18TmPEXM[/COLOR]" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Replace the red text as appropriate (the link is for the video svengali linked to).

2. Type in the [ video ] bbCode:

Code:
[noparse][VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juu18TmPEXM[/VIDEO][/noparse]

3. As TheCock says, click the "Insert Video" icon when making a post. This is the icon that looks like a bit of old film strip. If you hover your mouse over the various icons above where you type in your post, you should be able to find it.

svengali

Foundation Member
Thanks guys. That worked. It is simple enough when you know how!!

On the other site just putting Lone Road's second litany into a "reply to post" embedded the video so it would play in the site without going to Youtube.