Don’t Let This Keep You From Workouts You Love

Design Guru

Creative Mind ♐
Gold Member
While we’re not big fans of making excuses to skip a workout around here, we are all about tuning in and listening to your body when it tells you it’s time for a rest day, and we take zero issue with opting for some yoga (gentle or not so much) when that kind of movement feels better than going for a run or lifting heavy weights. You do you, darlin’.

However, I was recently hipped to a pretty common reason that women opt to avoid workout classes as a whole — even gentle yoga classes: light bladder leakage (LBL). I mean, jumping rope, doing some deep, weighted squats, or, say, giving your all as you approach the finish line of a 15k that maybe you were a little overly hydrated for (you know, theoretically)? Totally, no surprise — I’d imagine most of us have been there, or at least darn close. But yoga? That surprised me.

It probably shouldn’t, though, because in a Poise Light Bladder Leakage PR Survey in 2018, nearly 25 percent of women admitted being hesitant to participate in yoga classes due to LBL. Twenty! Five! Percent! And when it comes to how many women experience LBL, that ratio increases to more like one in three.

Original blog: