• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Does time matter???

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
For all those that say that an attraction needs to be there the instant you meet, is that true??
Could you learn to love someone over time?

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Yes, I think you can. Sometimes it takes a while to discover people's beauty (which by no means has to be physical).
Actually when I think about it.....my best relation ships have been with guys I wasn't instantly attracted to. The ones I was physically attracted to straight away usually ended in a disaster. So, you never know......sometimes it might be a good advice not to react instantly and dismiss people straight away. People grow in you.....I am a strong believer in that.

R.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

svengali

Foundation Member
It is very easy to confuse lust with love.

If you meet a hottie there is an instant rush and, if you are only looking for a happy hour together in a brothel, that is enough. Love, as in "I want to share the rest of my life with this person" definitely takes longer and needs much more than physical attraction.

B

BigBlackCock

And that's why internet dating proves to be quite shallow unless someone's mature enough to use it well. Everyone talks about instant chemistry.

I remember going to the weddings of so many friends - who mostly met each other anywhere between 17 and 25 whilst at university. The weddings were lovely. In one case it was 10 but by 20 years later, they're all divorced.

That first meeting, too young and too romanticized well before real life kicked in took its toll. Instant love is quite a myth.

Relationships are born over time not overnight.

whilom

Whilom
Gold Member
My dear old Daddy used to say "Son Marry a Friend" that way you will have a real companion to go through life with.

Happy2

Legend Member
You may well be right whilom. My wife is a local girl who I had known since primary
school. It was not till we were twenty that we had a date, and we hadn't seen each other for three years. But we were so comfortable with each other well the rest was
smooth sailig Well as smooth as such things can ever be

A

AnthonyJ

Good thread!
Yes i do believe people can grow on you(not grow in you,lol as someone else wrote)how many times have you met somebody who is hot looking and find out later they are a selfish, self centred pig! and that is ugly. beauty can come out in a person personality..
I like to think im a fine bottle of red wine and i get better with age,lol.