Depression and punting

JClark1987

Bronze Member
Aside from the obvious answer of seeing a qualified health care professional is it a good or bad idea to see a sex working while suffering from suspected depression/anxiety issues? wouldn't be doing it for treatment purposes but for enjoyment but I'm worried it might effect my enjoyment or make things feel worse.
(Note:not danger to myself)

Harlots_Bec

Harlots Mackay
Legend Member
Aside from the obvious answer of seeing a qualified health care professional is it a good or bad idea to see a sex working while suffering from suspected depression/anxiety issues? wouldn't be doing it for treatment purposes but for enjoyment but I'm worried it might effect my enjoyment or make things feel worse.
as long as you don't offload your troubles, it should be fine :)

Last edited:

Goodstuff36 Bon truc in french

Goodstuff. Bon truc in french
Legend Member
Sex workers are not trained mental health experts and offloading on some providers may then affect their mental health in return - I wouldn't recommend it. I left that side of the industry as it became too much of a head f**k that I was willing to deal with
In the mean time its great that you ladies are there for our needs if you suspect someone is suffering from mental health issues tell them your not aviable suggest they call ruok never waste your time on useless lifeline also rember that there ain't no pill that can cure the summertime blues as totaly hopeless mental health workers don't know what there doing either.

joe12155

Legend Member

It could make things worse if the root of your anxiety is due to guilty conscience. If not, I think it is fine because sexual release helps you to relax and feel good.

Lingus

Legend Member
I'm assuming here that visiting a Sex Worker is something you have done on various occasions in the past, but is not a regular event in your life.

As intimated by 'joe12155', I'm reckoning that if your depression / anxiety relates to something akin to personal intimacy issues, then you'd probably be better off spending your money on a couch with a Counselling Psychologist or Clinical Psychologist, rather than cavorting on a couch with a Sex Worker. You're expressing doubts, so that in itself should tell you something.

I think the logical thing here is to bring up this question in your first professional counselling session ... there's nothing like getting permission to be a Naughty Boy ! ;)

Legend Member
It could make things worse if the root of your anxiety is due to guilty conscience. If not, I think it is fine because sexual release helps you to relax and feel good.
Can I add mental health workers are usually ugly people and you wouldn't wanna root or have anything to do with a mental health worker anyway yes sex releases those chemicals in your brain that make you happy.

Channelle

Legend Member
Can I add mental health workers are usually ugly people and you wouldn't wanna root or have anything to do with a mental health worker anyway yes sex releases those chemicals in your brain that make you happy.

Just read your post ... and you may nearly have gotten away with a couple of generalisations there, but no, each to their own.

stovo82

Diamond Member
The guilt of punting adds to the anxiety and depression, making you feel more depressed.
It is better not to punt when feeling depressed or anxious.
Visit a GP or psychiatrist and get a script of antidepressants.

Last edited:

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
I would take more of a positive spin.
Go to a brothel and ask for a lady who will take it "slow and patient"with you.
If asked why? just say you are not very confident and had no contact with anyone in years.
As well do not go for a short, wham-Bam thank-you Mama experience. Pay some cash for a couple of hours.
Good luck and all the best

Legend Member
Just read your post ... and you may nearly have gotten away with a couple of generalisations there, but no, each to their own.
Thanks for the feedback although you don't know why there anxious or depressed and in my opinion if a person is a bit depressed and anxious really they should go to a good strip club first have a few drinks few dances with the ladies few pieces of pizza when in the right mood the visit the working girls under happy pirates advice.

Channelle

Legend Member
I understand what we're saying here about being depressed, etc ... but was picking you up on the "mental health workers being ugly, you wouldn't wanna root, and wouldn't want anything to do with one" ... because that was rather out of place in the discussion, particularly for some of us who have close relationships with one, or have them as family members.

Legend Member
I understand what we're saying here about being depressed, etc ... but was picking you up on the "mental health workers being ugly, you wouldn't wanna root, and wouldn't want anything to do with one" ... because that was rather out of place in the discussion, particularly for some of us who have close relationships with one, or have them as family members.
Sorry to offended you alhought I am a person who has experienced the dishonest religious cult the family first hand I also have family members what are paramedics and nurses and what devoted and hard working people they are.