Dating sites? Which ones are worth it?

C

camron

Hey folks.

Just wondering if anyone uses dating sites and if theyre worth the effort? I struggle to meet girls since ive stopped studying and was thinking of trying the interwebs ... Even to meet friends and all that (cuz im in Perth for 3 more weeks and dunno what to do on weeknights and stuff lol).

Any recommendations/hints/tips?

B

BigBlackCock

The very large majority of people - male and female say that after the novelty of internet dating wears off, it's largely a waste of time. The medium itself encourages a shallowness that traditional dating doesn't lend itself to.

And therein lies the rub - finding ways of meeting people is hard enough as it is. Ever tried ballroom dancing?

F

findinya

I agree whole hartedly with bigblackcock.
they (dating sites) are a waste of time.
I work in canberra but home is 3 hours away. I want to meet someone to spend some time with when I am here but have drawn a blank so far.

God forbid that we actually have to get a life and do something social like sports etc... (ha ha)

cheers.

B

blackbeauty

Tried a few dating sites and had no success with them. Even tried a site that was eventually busted by the ACCC for fraud.

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Agree with you guys.....they are a waste of time. I tried one just for fun....put a profile up (lol actually a rather 'real' one) and played the 'on-line' game for a while. I think most of the people on those sites are getting off by sending emails backwards and forwards. A lot of them 'chicken out' when it comes to a meeting or they sell themselves in a different light on the net so when you actually meet them you can't even recognise them (mentally and physically).
When it comes to meeting new people.......I am hopelessly old fashioned. I would rather go to the local pub around the corner than on a dating website.

R.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

W

WRXXR

God forbid that we actually have to get a life and do something social like sports etc... (ha ha)

Dont be stupid!! ;D But your 110% right, get outside, get a tan and play some social sports. Mixed netball, volleyball, dancing are all easy ways to meet women. You might not have anything with them but then the invites for bbqs, parties etc start flowing in and you get to widen your social circle.

Mind you, i have two mates who did supremely well off RSVP. Both scored really attractive girls who are smart, funny, have a full time jobs etc so there is hope!

B

BigBlackCock

Let's not forget indoor stuff ranging from choirs, to guitar lessons, learning art, cookery and book clubs.

bushseeker

Foundation Member
dating sites are like a mine site

stacks of men - very few women

even the very unfortunate in the looks depatment and extremely overweight dont need to give anything less than brad pitt/george clooney a look in

- dont waste your time unless you have the looks of zoolander

J

jitha

agree with bigblackcock. i have met two women from dating sites who turned out to be a complete waste of space!

L

loverofmuff

Have to pretty much agree with everything stated. I've tried a few just to check them out. The only one that I had any success with was Adultmatchmaker but was very hit and miss

N

Naughty Thoughts

Agree with the "go out and socialize" idea.

I decided to join a Zumba class. Only guy there most times and have great fun chatting with everyone.

Madam Jacqui

Madam @ Langtrees
Legend Member
The best dating site you could ever getis Langtree's with no strings attached. There you go. xxxxx

W

WRXXR

I decided to join a Zumba class. Only guy there most times and have great fun chatting with everyone.

That has to be the best idea yet.

I have a friend who does zumba and bikram yoga (or pilates???) and certainly appears to be the way to tone up

TheGonz

Bronze Member
Agree with the "go out and socialize" idea.

Great idea. Win-win. Meet people and tone up at the same time, which makes the first easier.