COVID 19 impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Retired008

Covid19 imposed tough times on everyone everywhere and with the financial impact resulted by measures taken to reduce exposure, with people self isolating and panic buying...Sex work is going to take a big impact if not already. People may refrain from visiting working ladies and working ladies may refrain from offering services. How u guys see this whats is ur opinion...
What measures r taken to limit a v possible exposure in sex work? How sex workers as casual workers are protected physically and financially??
Thoughts plz

Harlots_Bec

Harlots Mackay
Legend Member
Exactly...but u see protection measures taken for front desk workers..which bring the question what about sex workers?
Depends where & who you see. Establishment or private workers etc. At Langtrees Darwin we have cut back on the ladies we have on the floor, we are not accepting any touring ladies, we have upped our cleaning & sanitizing schedules/procedures and our ladies are not offering kissing as a service. We also are not accepting clients who are visibly unwell or confirm they have recently traveled overseas. As for private workers I guess you would have to message them directly. Get onto twitter and many private workers have said they are taking time off. As sex workers are private contractors it really is up to the individual. Have you asked any establishments or private workers what measures they have adopted? Many of our clients are asking and we are more than happy to tell them.

Harlots_Bec

Harlots Mackay
Legend Member
Sex work is going to take a big impact if not already. People may refrain from visiting working ladies and working ladies may refrain from offering services.
most business are taking a hit.... you just need to look at the empty restaurants, bars, clubs etc. Many are either closed or have adjusted their trading hours. This effects everyone, not just sex workers.

Last edited:

Flatboroque

Thick Thighs Saves Lives.
Diamond Member
Police & Ambos are in a pretty similar boat when it comes to having to get up close and personal with people. You can't always see the chef preparing your meals. so are you 100% sure you aren't at risk when you eat out currently?
Depends who you're eating out... :D

Rosie Nuru

Nuru Guru
Legend Member
I get where you are coming from. Social distancing does not meet the code for our type of work. However, we still get colds, suffer hayfever which may present signs of illness but it could just be a cold etc! Outside of work, I keep pretty much to myself. I'm a little peeved that my pub may be closed due to this panic but oh well, cheaper for me drinking at home then...... safe from all this panic!! Not the virus, all this idiotic panic!! So sad to see this shite going on really xx

N

Night Owl Ciao

I get where you are coming from. Social distancing does not meet the code for our type of work. However, we still get colds, suffer hayfever which may present signs of illness but it could just be a cold etc! Outside of work, I keep pretty much to myself. I'm a little peeved that my pub may be closed due to this panic but oh well, cheaper for me drinking at home then...... safe from all this panic!! Not the virus, all this idiotic panic!! So sad to see this shite going on really xx
Taking appropriate precautions & panicking are 2 very different things Rosie

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
So sad to see this shite going on really xx

Yep and if you get sick or get the virus from doing this work, be honest with people when you show up at Hospital and see how much sympathy or empathy you get.. THIS is why European Brothels are closing... but then again EU Nations still make cars and stuff...

Aussie land the nation of Burger Flippers, and Craft beer drinkers.. and not much else..

Madmax1700

Legend Member
I don't think naked and close contact is the exact issue, its the level of risk. We have to look at this in perspective. For example a check in clerk at an airport handles over 600 people on a shift, touching others passport (which by the way is held in the hands prone to cough and sneez) etc, and a WL might have 10 clients a day. Hence the risk levels are much diffrent? Even from an industry prespective, it's across the board

dan60

Diamond Member
same here, looks like the my local will close altogether soon.
that's is where i meet and socialize with lifelong friends, not just drink (ok, there is a lot of drinking as well)
pub was limited to 100, they are only opening 12-9pm, restaurant closed, only opening wed- sunday.
had to cancel bands, linen company, food companies, cleaners, staff, online booking company, beer line cleaners, etc etc.
now limited to 1 person per 4sq m.
not forgetting, a lot of businesses were already doing it tough.
do you think you will slide into recession, and if you do, can i slide with you?:)

Phoebe

Legend Member
im.jpg
Do people know what happens when humans leave food halls and kitchens for extended periods of time.. They become infested with rats/mice/cockroaches etc etc.... very quickly looking for food including cats and dogs... and guess what these creatures do as they are eating pee and crap everywhere..... some places and people when they go back in a few weeks will have one massive crap pile to clean up!!

Phoebe

Legend Member
Truckie mate, said if people stayed at home for 1-2 days they could replenish all the super market shelves..

sircurious

Legend Member
According to Westfield Shopping centre's own website their food halls remain operational as they are providing a takeaway service. Management will remove seating and tables to meet recommended Government social distancing guidelines.

View attachment 93095
Do people know what happens when humans leave food halls and kitchens for extended periods of time.. They become infested with rats/mice/cockroaches etc etc.... very quickly looking for food including cats and dogs... and guess what these creatures do as they are eating pee and crap everywhere..... some places and people when they go back in a few weeks will have one massive crap pile to clean up!!

Shae Demasi

VIP Companion
Legend Member
I don't think naked and close contact is the exact issue, its the level of risk. We have to look at this in perspective. For example a check in clerk at an airport handles over 600 people on a shift, touching others passport (which by the way is held in the hands prone to cough and sneez) etc, and a WL might have 10 clients a day. Hence the risk levels are much diffrent? Even from an industry prespective, it's across the board
Well said 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.