• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Chilli Cola Pulled Pork

JimmyJamz

Diamond Member
After being in the slow cooker 36hrs, I've just pulled the meat out so I can reduce the sauce on my cjilli cola pork.

Using a pork scotch fillet, whole, and season it with Ancho chilli, smoked paprika, Chipotle, and celery salt. Rub the meat, and let rest for a few hours. This one was about 2.4kg

Sear outside of the whole cut, before pouring in 3-4L of coke. Leave in slow cooker set to low.

Pull the meat out anywhere after the muscle separates when you pick it up. I just left for 36hr, bjt coild be done in 4-5hrs.

Pull meat out and shred. Simmer liquid to reduce until thick and sticky, mix through the meat.

IMG_20190929_071307.jpg

JimmyJamz

Diamond Member
How long to simmer the sauce? I've tried it a few times without success. In the end I just added bbq sauce or a mustard. Appreciate any secrets to getting it right!
I had it simmering for about 2 hours to get it to the consistency I wanted. If it needs to be heaps thicker, I tend to peel a potato or two, dice them up, and cook that in the sauce, and then blend when the potato is super soft.

Attachments

• 121.jpg
    121.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 122.jpg
    122.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 4
  • 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 4