Chilli Cola Pulled Pork

JimmyJamz

Diamond Member
After being in the slow cooker 36hrs, I've just pulled the meat out so I can reduce the sauce on my cjilli cola pork.

Using a pork scotch fillet, whole, and season it with Ancho chilli, smoked paprika, Chipotle, and celery salt. Rub the meat, and let rest for a few hours. This one was about 2.4kg

Sear outside of the whole cut, before pouring in 3-4L of coke. Leave in slow cooker set to low.

Pull the meat out anywhere after the muscle separates when you pick it up. I just left for 36hr, bjt coild be done in 4-5hrs.

Pull meat out and shred. Simmer liquid to reduce until thick and sticky, mix through the meat.

IMG_20190929_071307.jpg

JimmyJamz

Diamond Member
How long to simmer the sauce? I've tried it a few times without success. In the end I just added bbq sauce or a mustard. Appreciate any secrets to getting it right!
I had it simmering for about 2 hours to get it to the consistency I wanted. If it needs to be heaps thicker, I tend to peel a potato or two, dice them up, and cook that in the sauce, and then blend when the potato is super soft.

Attachments

• 121.jpg
    121.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 122.jpg
    122.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 4
  • 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 4