Is cheating a choice?

• Total voters

Candice Cruz

Diamond Member
I've finally logged into TalkinSex on my laptop.... and it looks so much different to what I'm accustomed to on my phone,
I felt a head spin there, thinking I've logged into a completely new social media, but on here it's sssoooooo much easier !!

Sunday 13th October 2019

- Is there ever really a good excuse for cheating?
- Are they just sorry because they got caught?
- Has science completely tripped balls in saying there is a gene for cheating?

I've skimmed through past forum posts about cheating, and haven't found (correct me if I'm wrong) anything on the science behind it....

Here's a few fun facts/research from a credible source:

"Background
Human sexual behavior is highly variable both within and between populations. While sex-related characteristics and sexual behavior are central to evolutionary theory (sexual selection), little is known about the genetic bases of individual variation in sexual behavior. The variable number tandem repeats (VNTR) polymorphism in exon III of the human dopamine D4 receptor gene (DRD4) has been correlated with an array of behavioral phenotypes and may be predicatively responsible for variation in motivating some sexual behaviors, particularly promiscuity and infidelity.

Conclusions/Significance
DRD4 VNTR genotype varies considerably within and among populations and has been subject to relatively recent, local selective pressures. Individual differences in sexual behavior are likely partially mediated by individual genetic variation in genes coding for motivation and reward in the brain. Conceptualizing these findings in terms of r/K selection theory suggests a mechanism for selective pressure for and against the 7R+ genotype that may explain the considerable global allelic variation for this polymorphism."

Another article:

However.... Science.HowStuffWorks narrows it down to
- "Hormones and bonding"
- "It's complicated"
- "Dopamine and risky behaviour"

I've added a poll question to this thread.
I don't have much to say for myself- I've never cheated, as I've never been in an official relationship, and the closest thing to a relationship that I've had, I've been too attached to cheat, plus I was upfront about being a SW when I did go back into SW; and made it clear to him that if he ever felt the need to see other girls/whatever-- I just didn't want to know about it (haha... what you don't know; won't kill ya)

( @Mrs Langtrees I'm not sure if I've put this post under "sex education" - I thought that might be the most appropriate, please correct/move it if I'm wrong.)

To all active members of TalkinSex -- I hope you have a lovely Sunday :cool:

All smiles ☀​
Candice Cameron
WL @ Langtrees VIP Canberra | 0431 923 756
Twitter | Instagram

Rancorel

Silver Member
Even if it is truly just genes, I would prefer not to decode that as it takes away freedom and gives justification for people to enforce things on people because they might do something wrong.

Candice Cruz

Diamond Member
ATTEMPT #2 For some odd reason it published but only let some viewers see it and others not. (Myself included :confused: )

I've finally logged into TalkinSex on my laptop.... and it looks so much different to what I'm accustomed to on my phone,
I felt a head spin there, thinking I've logged into a completely new social media, but on here it's sssoooooo much easier !!

Sunday 13th October 2019​

- Is there ever really a good excuse for cheating?
- Are they just sorry because they got caught?
- Has science completely tripped balls in saying there is a gene for cheating?

I've skimmed through past forum posts about cheating, and haven't found (correct me if I'm wrong) anything on the science behind it....

Associations between Dopamine D4 Receptor Gene Variation with Both Infidelity and Sexual Promiscuity

"Background
Human sexual behavior is highly variable both within and between populations. While sex-related characteristics and sexual behavior are central to evolutionary theory (sexual selection), little is known about the genetic bases of individual variation in sexual behavior. The variable number tandem repeats (VNTR) polymorphism in exon III of the human dopamine D4 receptor gene (DRD4) has been correlated with an array of behavioral phenotypes and may be predicatively responsible for variation in motivating some sexual behaviors, particularly promiscuity and infidelity.

Conclusions/Significance
DRD4 VNTR genotype varies considerably within and among populations and has been subject to relatively recent, local selective pressures. Individual differences in sexual behavior are likely partially mediated by individual genetic variation in genes coding for motivation and reward in the brain. Conceptualizing these findings in terms of r/K selection theory suggests a mechanism for selective pressure for and against the 7R+ genotype that may explain the considerable global allelic variation for this polymorphism."

Another article:

https://www2.psy.uq.edu.au/~uqbziets/Zietsch et al 2014 Genetic analysis of extrapair mating.pdf

However.... Science.HowStuffWorks narrows it down to
- "Hormones and bonding"
- "It's complicated"
- "Dopamine and risky behaviour"

I've added a poll question to this thread.

cc.jpeg images.jpeg

I don't have much to say for myself- I've never cheated, as I've never been in an official relationship, and the closest thing to a relationship that I've had,
I've been too attached to cheat, plus I was upfront about being a SW when I did go back into SW;
and made it clear to him that if he ever felt the need to see other girls/whatever--
I just didn't want to know about it (haha... what you don't know; won't kill ya)

promiscuity_cover-1-750x430.jpg
Did you know ... ? DNA ?

( @Mrs Langtrees I'm not sure if I've put this post under "sex education" - I thought that might be the most appropriate, please correct/move it if I'm wrong.)

To all active members of TalkinSex
I hope you have a lovely Sunday

All smiles ☀​
Candice Cameron
WL @ Langtrees VIP Canberra | 0431 923 756
Twitter | Instagram