• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Can someone please explain why...

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
I have no problems with people using swear words so long as it`s not aimed to try and put somebody down, I just choose not to use them.

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
I think there is a difference between using F***word/other bad words or getting hands on.
I believe most of us have used the one or other bad word during disagreements with loved ones........lol......surely with regreting it afterwards. But at the end of the day we are only human.
Now......getting physical is a totally different story and there is NO excuse for it.
Trevsa10.......it is very sad to watch......women going back to the bloke who beat them black and blue but as far as I know (one of my closest friends used to be one of them) it is some kind of mental condition (beaten wife syndrom) that does not allow women to break out of the terrible circle. In my friends case it came down to very low self esteem and rather some attention (even bad and painful) than no attention. To break out of it requires more than just a good friend with all the verbal support.
Well.....back to the topic.......hmm......so called "bad boys" are not necessarily physically agressive guys.......they are more like pushing limits.....living in the grey area between legal and not so legal and I think that is attractive to girls.....testing the boundaries......breaking free.:angel12:

R.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

T

Trevsa10

Hi me again we are all shaped by our life experances and yes rochelle the girl whp i refered to did have low self esteem but thathad been brought on by a life of abuse a contuining cycle from cradel to grave on and on she nothing better .in the end with thehelp of those around her she stood up for herself . And yes i have used that and other words to those i love and always felt ashamed afterward .the thing i find desturbing we are becoming accepting of bad behavour and that is sad

J

Jade18yo

Because men tend to fall into two categories:
The Bad Boy - the man who will take you out, boss you around a bit, stick up for you, get angry at someone who hurts you and just generally make you feel like a woman.

OR

The Nice Guy - the boy the buys you dinner, agrees with everything you say & tells you you're the love of his life by the second date.

Im sure there are some lovely gentlemen who fulfill both these HUGE generalisations, but in all honesty they are few & far between.

From my side of the fence - I want a challenge, someone who can stimulate and excite me or show me something new and if they're just a little bit of an asshole with an abrasive manner, as much as i despair this quality, i can put up with that. I cannot put up with someone who bores me stupid but is nice as pie, id rather be mates with them than pursue any sort of intimacy.

J

Jade18yo

As far as physical abuse goes just remember:
Sometimes the alternative is worse than the current reality, would you rather be beaten or homeless and cast out from your family? every situation is different, sometimes the sacrifices are worth what you gain. (not a popular belief haha)

On the flip side, it is up to the individual to be strong and decide that their situation can only get better not worse, rather than continuing to accept what is unacceptable to them

SubNymphet

Tantalizing Temptress
Gold Member
I will always go for a 'bad boy' in the sense of someone who knows how to hit the town with me, have a few drinks and get loud. However, I was in a 7year mentally abusive relationship with one of those so called 'nice guys'
He treated me fine, everyone liked him. But was manipulative and made me change everything about myself without me realising it. He also cheated on me. But when people found out, the first thing everyone said was they cant believe it because he is such a nice guy. blah blah blah.

Thing that amazes me, even my mum liked him! When ever i have to speak with him (still working out divorce stuff) she always tells me off for being too short with him on the phone! He fooled everyone!

Every 'nice guy' ive dated ended up screwing me round. Every 'bad boy' - at least i knew what i was getting myself into! Everything was out in the open. In my opinion, MUCH better option :)

Hmmmm....

Happy2

Legend Member
Surely there is a difference between a nice bloke and someone with
a very well made up veneer of civility and kindness.
I think of myself as a decent fella Who at work thinks nothing of cutting a sheeps throat or mulsing sheep because it has to be done But you dont hear me swearing in the street or at the bar or to the wife just to be manly