• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.

Can Living Alone be an Advantage?

Madam Jacqui

Madam @ Langtrees
Legend Member
670px-Appreciate-the-Benefits-of-Living-Alone-Step-1.jpg

Karl

Silver Member
Pros and cons, like with everything. I am done with being alone. Doing things together (gym, movie, dining, trips and yes.....sharing the same bed) is one of the best things one can wish for....

XLNC

Whatever happened to FREE love?
Legend Member
I'd much rather live alone than with someone who gets on my nerves and vice versa.

But ideally I'd like to live with my soul mate who just gets me and finds my idiosyncrasies endearing instead of annoying (& vv). Where do I find one of those...??

funflyer

Foundation Member
I'd much rather live alone than with someone who gets on my nerves and vice versa.

But ideally I'd like to live with my soul mate who just gets me and finds my idiosyncrasies endearing instead of annoying (& vv). Where do I find one of those...??

Just about impossible I think! Most of my relationships start well but they're difficult to maintain long term.
I also think the older you get and/or the longer you fly solo the more difficult it becomes to find your soul mate without making many compromises!

Happy2

Legend Member
Just about impossible I think! Most of my relationships start well but they're difficult to maintain long term.
I also think the older you get and/or the longer you fly solo the more difficult it becomes to find your soul mate without making many compromises!
Without making compromises?

Surely any long term relationship Is based on compromise ?

I mean I definitely preferred the notion of compromise over the , My way or the highway , attitude
Or did I misunderstand your post

funflyer

Foundation Member
Without making compromises?

Surely any long term relationship Is based on compromise ?

I mean I definitely preferred the notion of compromise over the , My way or the highway , attitude
Or did I misunderstand your post

No I agree with your point. I think I meant to say it becomes more difficult to find someone who meets your ideal because you become much more set in your ways so it become much more difficult to make compromises and adapt your ways to suit living full time with another person. Hope this clarifies my thoughts and make sense

Pandar. B. Ear

Gold Member
FIFO does wonders to being in a relationship. By wonders I mean terrible terrible things.

Been single for a long time due to working away a lot. Unfortunately I'm the black sheep in the family because no no missus and no kids.

Ginger Spice

Here Comes Trouble
Legend Member
Nope. I hate living on my own. Always had house mates. I get lonely otherwise. Sometimes Peta sleeps over though and we have a bit of fun ;)

Historian

What a coqup!
Diamond Member
There's a phenomena these days called "LAT" relationships. It's usually among two mature adults who own their homes and possibly have kids grown up, are divorced etc. They recognise their independence and they've a truckload of their own belongings, own financial assets so they decide on going "LAT".

What's LAT? It's Living Apart Together. They spend lots of time in each other's company, sometimes all their time that way, they see and do things together, spend time in each other's beds, even have dinners and family gatherings with each other but both have their own lives and go back to their respective homes. These can have their good points. Familiarity breeds contempt and this way, the relationship has more of a chance of being fresh for longer and even forever.

The older you get, the more set in your ways you become the more possessive you can become of your privacy. But spending too much time on your own is definitely not a good thing unless you're an antisocial and grumpy hermit.

ozwarlock67

Legend Member
There's a phenomena these days called "LAT" relationships. It's usually among two mature adults who own their homes and possibly have kids grown up, are divorced etc. They recognise their independence and they've a truckload of their own belongings, own financial assets so they decide on going "LAT".

What's LAT? It's Living Apart Together. They spend lots of time in each other's company, sometimes all their time that way, they see and do things together, spend time in each other's beds, even have dinners and family gatherings with each other but both have their own lives and go back to their respective homes. These can have their good points. Familiarity breeds contempt and this way, the relationship has more of a chance of being fresh for longer and even forever.

The older you get, the more set in your ways you become the more possessive you can become of your privacy. But spending too much time on your own is definitely not a good thing unless you're an antisocial and grumpy hermit.

I'll go you even one better than that. My girlfriend lives interstate!

Historian

What a coqup!
Diamond Member
I'll go you even one better than that. My girlfriend lives interstate!

Reminds me of a cab driver once. I was a passenger and the usual chit chat goes on. He drives his car 9 hours at night, his wife drives it 7 hours in the day and he said it works fine. Kids have left home, they see each other on weekends and spend just sufficient time together and the marriage has been 30 years old.

ozwarlock67

Legend Member
Reminds me of a cab driver once. I was a passenger and the usual chit chat goes on. He drives his car 9 hours at night, his wife drives it 7 hours in the day and he said it works fine. Kids have left home, they see each other on weekends and spend just sufficient time together and the marriage has been 30 years old.

It's surprising how well something like that can work.