• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Can a narcissist ever change?

C

Ciao Baby

I think Narcissist are of different types not all are the same but yes they do share similar moods
Yes but
The personality traits are the same.
Narcissist
Pathological Narcissist
Borderline personality disorder
Plus many more versions we have never even heard of.
The bottom line is they are all tarred with the same brush & regardless of which particular diagnosis or undiagnosis they have they all r not capable of ever accepting blame or fault for anything EVER.
They all have never been wrong
They all are entitled & have beyond unrealistic expectations of others but not themselves
They all have very little or no self esteem & self respect
They all deserve so much better
They all r as unhappy as fuck & believe that everyone else is 2 blame 4 everything that is wrong with their lives - past present & future.
And sadly not a single one of them will ever seek professional help.
My personal advice 2 any1 stuck in a toxic relationship with a narcissist is get the fuck out now cos it ain't ever gonna get better but it is most certainly gonna get worst.

C

Ciao Baby

Can you help me don't know what it means
View attachment 82104
If u r even considering taking the test don't even bother becos u have already passed with flying colours.
A narcissist would not even 4 a single second contemplate doing the test because there is no possible way that there could ever b an issue with themself. 😳😳😳

C

Crimson Idol No More

Hey I have over 7200 posts on here I thought it was about time to tell the truth on one :) being xmas and all.
7200 posts of pure unadulterated meaningless nonsense & bullshit I would expect judging by the posts of yours I just wasted 20 minutes of my life reading. Lucky for you Phoebe there is no IQ test or aptitude test or even a spelling / grammar test required before posting on this forum. If so I very much doubt you would ever of managed to proceed beyond bronze membership.

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
7200 posts of pure unadulterated meaningless nonsense & bullshit I would expect judging by the posts of yours I just wasted 20 minutes of my life reading. Lucky for you Phoebe there is no IQ test or aptitude test or even a spelling / grammar test required before posting on this forum. If so I very much doubt you would ever of managed to proceed beyond bronze membership.

Sticks and stones, may break my bones, but chains and whips!

C

Crimson Idol No More

This song should be played at full volume by anyone unfortunate enough to be stuck in a relationship with a narcissist & also anyone foolishly considering reading any of Phoebe's droll, senseless, uninformed, mindless, uneducated & meaningless drivel.

Phoebe

Legend Member
This song should be played at full volume by anyone unfortunate enough to be stuck in a relationship with a narcissist & also anyone foolishly considering reading any of Phoebe's droll, senseless, uninformed, mindless, uneducated & meaningless drivel.

Chasing the redskins back to there homes... ;) Longing for freedom!

John Smithl

Legend Member
Why should anyone change? They may call you a Narcissist but they could be an utter moron...
Interesting language.

"Why should anyone change?": It's up to them and their reason is their own.
"They may call you a Narcissist but they could be an utter moron... ": Everyone is a teacher; some teach people what to do, others teach people what not to do.

Phoebe

Legend Member
Interesting language.

"Why should anyone change?": It's up to them and their reason is their own.
"They may call you a Narcissist but they could be an utter moron... ": Everyone is a teacher; some teach people what to do, others teach people what not to do.

Those that can't do teach...... I hated school, as no one was going to tell me how to think, act, what to say etc etc.. Teachers are nothing but Governmental propagandists...

C

Crimson Idol No More

Those that can't do teach...... I hated school, as no one was going to tell me how to think, act, what to say etc etc.. Teachers are nothing but Governmental propagandists...
And how did that work out for ya?
7000 plus irrelevant, totally meaningless, blatantly stupid & mind numbingly boring posts on a sex forum! Congratulions your parents must be so proud of you 🤣

Miss Monique

Adelaide's original Plus Size Delight
Legend Member
@The Crimson Idol if you don't like what another member posts then best to scroll on
You joined less then a month ago luv please show some respect to forum members who have put in many hours & years establishing and keeping here going in it's quiet times. If you don't have anything nice to say best not to say a thing or post silly emojis

C

Crimson Idol No More

@The Crimson Idol if you don't like what another member posts then best to scroll on
You joined less then a month ago luv please show some respect to forum members who have put in many hours & years establishing and keeping here going in it's quiet times. If you don't have anything nice to say best not to say a thing or post silly emojis

Ok that sounds like a great theory Ms Monique however I feel I am still not quite getting it sorry. My take on it is this - So in essence if someone has been on this forum for quite some time - e.g. Phoebe with his 7000 plus posts it is fine for him to attempt to ridicule, goad, belittle & insult people not to mention posting absolutely irrelevant nonsense & gibberish which I doubt would make any sense even to himself however if you happen to be a new member you must respect this & be even thankful to read their deluded views, rantings & ramblings, never questioning the validity of their words nor out of the good of my heart attemp to help with their poor grammar, spelling & overall grasp of the English language?
I am sure you will let me know if I have overlooked anything. 🙄

Phoebe

Legend Member
never questioning the validity of their words nor out of the good of my heart attemp to help with their poor grammar, spelling & overall grasp of the English language?

We are adults here buddy.. this is not year 12 ATAR English..

Alfred

Diamond Member
Narcissism is quite possibly the most bizarre of all of the mental disorders when u think about it.

The Sane website explains that: Narcissism is the human experience of feeling important, needing admiration and attention, wanting success and love. It’s normal and can even be a healthy personality trait, if it’s mild and occasional. It’s perfectly possible to feel or act a little narcissistic, even unpleasantly so, without having what would be classed as a disorder. A person whose personality is strongly characterised by narcissistic traits may act obnoxious and difficult, but still not have a disorder. On the other hand Narcissistic Personality Disorder is an extreme form of narcissism that can cause distress and functional impairment, and last a long time.

Getting back to the question, like Brenda did - I think narcissists can change. The moderately narcissistic ones can be influenced by those relatively close to them (unless they are birds of a feather). The NPD ones can change too, but it probably would take professional help. In any case, all people can change

Being narcissistic seems to be a peculiarly modern disease (aided and abetted by social media), so its not so bizarre. Think of your CV - isn't it an exercise in narcissism? Employers expect you so say how much better you are than every other applicant.

On the other hand, think of those very troubled people who have psychotic disorders with visual and auditory hallucinations and delusions. They have massive obstacles to overcome.

bewbs_haha

Bronze Member
I dont think so, seen a few in my lifetime and they always end up doing the same thing but to other people.