• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Brownlow tonight

forest

Gold Member
One of the best things about GF week for me is the Brownlow, a great look back over the year and strangely compelling tv... who would that of counting votes :)
Judd is the obvious front runner (gibbs may have stolen some of his votes)
Goodes is also high on my list with a stellar last half of the year.

Another roughy, for me, is Sam Mitchell... he won the channel nine yearly vote as well as coming a draw with (i think) the 3AW footy commentary team.

Last edited:

svengali

Foundation Member
Strange world.

I would rather have a root canal filling without anaesthetic than sit in front of the T.V. watching a bunch of has-been footy bores demonstrating that they can count past ten.

Might watch the w.a.g. s on the entrance parade, though - some of them are good eye candy.

oz-surfer

Gold Member
I enjoy the night too...but I guess I'm just a footy fan.....

Interesting comments Svengali - clearly not a footy follower - that's fine.....but not sure why you think the current day players are "has beens" ???? ....oh and if you didn't watch you missed out on seeing the winners lovely partner......

Let's just say Dane's kicking goals on the field as well as off it......

Lots of other eye candy to look at as well......some real stunners

steve t

Silver Member
I enjoy the night too...but I guess I'm just a footy fan.....

Interesting comments Svengali - clearly not a footy follower - that's fine.....but not sure why you think the current day players are "has beens" ???? ....oh and if you didn't watch you missed out on seeing the winners lovely partner......

Let's just say Dane's kicking goals on the field as well as off it......

Lots of other eye candy to look at as well......some real stunners

Yes i thought it was a great night of T/V,and Dane Swan partner was smooking hot! and so were the rest of the WAGS..i looking forward to it every year..1 vote! me,lol,::)

forest

Gold Member
Good winner Dane Swan, I didn't count on him because he missed games with injury and I thought pennelbury would take too many votes off him.

Happy2

Legend Member
Well I just hope Swan winning isn't a bad omen Last Magpie to win the Brownlow? Buckley
Result an absolute caning by Brisbane the following saturday

forest

Gold Member
This grand final is an evenly matches one.... Brisbane was, IMO, a much better side than the Collingwood of the day.

forest

Gold Member
I didn't know Sam Mitchell was not able to win.... he was reported but not suspended...

oz-surfer

Gold Member
Yep - he took an early plee and got a discount so no suspension.

Could have challenged but risked a week

Did the team thing - would have been real tough if he won...

oz-surfer

Gold Member
I agree Happy 2 - and beleive that is actually the case....

The charge he was found guilty of resulted in a 1 week suspension (based on the point tally exceeding 100) - howver he has a good record and therefore is eligible for a discount in points, resulting in less than 100....

It is a strange scenario - but I'd rather discounts be offered than not, based on past record....The fact remains he was found guilty of an offence that resultd in a 1 week suspension.....