• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

BIRIYANI - An indian Dish how to cook and more

Anna LD

Bong Beauty ll LT Digital Team
Legend Member
This lockdown has given me some time to cook for the family.

BIRIYANI originally derived from the mughals, has its own falvor and lively spices along with rice, meat, eggs and potatoes. Cooked as one pot meal needs a lot of time to prepare though.

Check out the dishes and let me know if you want the recipe 005d218e-1412-4789-a629-2763f51edb63.jpg 4cd62ca3-8aa6-4bca-a61d-44dc9c213434.jpg

Fat boy

Each day is a journey & the journey itself is home
Legend Member
Biryani meals are one of my favourite, especially when served together with papadum. Thank you @Anna 13 .

Anna LD

Legend Member
Biryani meals are one of my favourite, especially when served together with papadum. Thank you @Anna 13 .

are you from india? papadum is not always eaten with biriyani but it is yummmmm and mostly eaten with kichdi another bengali dish dal n rice cooked together.

Fat boy

Each day is a journey & the journey itself is home
Legend Member
are you from india? papadum is not always eaten with biriyani but it is yummmmm and mostly eaten with kichdi another bengali dish dal n rice cooked together.
Not from India, and you are right, biryani is not usually served with papadum. Papadum goes well with curry. I visited India many years ago and I really liked their tea.

Anna LD

Legend Member
So many of you asked how to prepare the dish here’s the details

Ingredients to serve 6
rice - 6 cups
mutton/chicken - 600 gms
yoghurt - 100 gms
onion - 4 large chopped
potato - 4 large large dices
eggs - 6 boiled
Biriyani masala (available in stores) - 10 gms.
garlic and ginger paste - 3 tea spoon each

preparation -
1. Fry onion slices to golden brown
2. Boil Potato and eggs
3. Half boil Rice - 80 prcnt cooked add some ghee, cardamom, star anice in the water which you will use to boil. Soaked rice boils faster.
4. Marinate meat with all spices and keep for 30 minutes.
5. cook meat properly, boil it till 70 percent cooked.

Final Work:

take a large utensil, put a layer of rice, top with with layer of meat, fried onions and some biriyani masala. Repeat layers with potato now and then egg. close the lead and put on a low flame for 30 minutes. add ghee in each layer.

turn of the gas and keep for 10 minutes more. open the lid and serve hot.

if you want to add some colour. heat some milk and add yellow/red/orange color and pour is from top before putting it in a low flame and closing the lid

D

drovie

This lockdown has given me some time to cook for the family.

BIRIYANI originally derived from the mughals, has its own falvor and lively spices along with rice, meat, eggs and potatoes. Cooked as one pot meal needs a lot of time to prepare though.

Check out the dishes and let me know if you want the recipe View attachment 96346 View attachment 96347
You got my mouth watering. I am ordering biriyani tonight for sure.πŸ˜‹

Madam Jacqui

Madam @ Langtrees
Legend Member
So many of you asked how to prepare the dish here’s the details

Ingredients to serve 6
rice - 6 cups
mutton/chicken - 600 gms
yoghurt - 100 gms
onion - 4 large chopped
potato - 4 large large dices
eggs - 6 boiled
Biriyani masala (available in stores) - 10 gms.
garlic and ginger paste - 3 tea spoon each

preparation -
1. Fry onion slices to golden brown
2. Boil Potato and eggs
3. Half boil Rice - 80 prcnt cooked add some ghee, cardamom, star anice in the water which you will use to boil. Soaked rice boils faster.
4. Marinate meat with all spices and keep for 30 minutes.
5. cook meat properly, boil it till 70 percent cooked.

Final Work:

take a large utensil, put a layer of rice, top with with layer of meat, fried onions and some biriyani masala. Repeat layers with potato now and then egg. close the lead and put on a low flame for 30 minutes. add ghee in each layer.

turn of the gas and keep for 10 minutes more. open the lid and serve hot.

if you want to add some colour. heat some milk and add yellow/red/orange color and pour is from top before putting it in a low flame and closing the lid
Thank you Anna13 😘😘πŸ₯°β€οΈ