• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Best IPhone Apps?

What apps do you use on a daily basis? Whether it be for entertainment or helping you in your daily tasks....
Here are my top 10.
1. Westpac Online banking.
2. Dominos Pizza (ordering and being able to see how far away your pizza is!)
3. Ebay - An unfortunate addiction.
4. Shazam - Don't know what songs playing but love it? Shazam it!
5. Photosynth - Allows you to take multiple pictures that join together creating a 360 degree photo
6. Around Me -Shows you a listing of restaurants/doctors/dentists that are local to wherever you are.
7. Sleep Talk - An amusing app that captures your sleep talking secrets..
8. Tap Zoo - Pretty embarrassing but I love my zoo.
9. Scoopon - Gives away local deals in perth (hair dressing, food, everything!)
10. Stumbleupon - Keeps a track of your individual interests and comes up with some really cool stuff.

Fudd

Foundation Member
....here are my favourites iPad apps:

1. Secure+
I use this to save the number of different usernames & passwords I have.

2. Accuweather
A decent weather app.

3. ShopShop
A simple app in which you create & save a shopping list. Works better with the iPhone rather than the iPad though.

4. ABC Foodi
A cook book put out by the ABC.

5. ABC iView
Catch up on channel 2 shows that you may have missed.

6. Foxtel
If you have Foxtel, you can check their guide for up & coming programs plus you can create your own list of favourite channels rather than search through all of their channels.

7. DocsToGo
If you use your iPad for work, this app enables you to transfer documents from your computer to your iPad. You can also edit word & excel documents on your iPad and then synchronise back to your computer.

8. Gulliver
An app to arrange & plan your next trip. You can also save documents in this app rather than take paper versions with you. Also, you can save scanned copies of your passport, credit cards & other important documents as a back up.

9. Triposo (full version)
You can download useful info regarding the places you intend to visit. Also, enables you to create your own itinerary.

10. TripAdvisor
A useful app in planning a holiday.

Fudd :)

Joopdoderen

Silver Member
TripCase (keeps travel itinerary)
ANZ Mobile (banking tool)
Nespresso (to reorder)
Swan Taxi (to book a cab)

Happy2

Legend Member
To all you android fans/users out there

May I ask ask what is the best App for translating SMS from Spanish to English and vice versa ?

A

Althalus

To all you android fans/users out there

May I ask ask what is the best App for translating SMS from Spanish to English and vice versa ?

Google Translate (translate.google.com)?
It isn't an app, but you can create a bookmark in your browser (or on the home screen), copy the text and paste it into the Google Translate box.

bushbabe

Gold Member
Just found this app for keeping "Secret Contacts" The problem with trying to have a secret contact list for our lovelies without being obvious, is that most apps are obvious, such as Little Black Book, Hide Contacts etc etc or with names of similar nature.

I have found one though that opens up as a "converter" of kilometer to miles calculator........... until you put in a password "number" of your choosing and viola..... a hidden contact list made just for the ladies or whatever.

Its called "A Converter - Casanova" ........ I just typed in Casanova and it came up. Its FREE, but I may look into the paid version to see if there are special "extras"

Try it out and tell us what you think.

Thanks Fudd for Secure+....... gotta get my head around it though.

mikeymike7

Gold Member
Find my iphone- Never lose your phone again. You can log in from any other computer and you can see where it is. Probably not so good if you spend a lot of time at Langtrees and you have someone at home who is tracking your movements though! :p

waterbaby

Silver Member
TomTom on both IPad and IPhone is far better than the built in one in my car and cheaper that the stand alone machines you can buy.
Navionics, a brilliant marine navigation tool and so cheap and easy to use.

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
TomTom on both IPad and IPhone is far better than the built in one in my car and cheaper that the stand alone machines you can buy.
Navionics, a brilliant marine navigation tool and so cheap and easy to use.

Yes. Tomtom on the iPad with a big cradle is mint.

P

Perth boy

One I use a lot it called 3 in 1.. It is a magna fine glass app with a light and a mirror.
Works good to have the light on while you use the magna fine glass to read menus in dark restaurants.

whilom

Whilom
Gold Member
I have Navigon for voice guidance, works well for getting around unfamiliar Cities.
Theer is an app that turns the Flash Led into a torch but Im not sure what it's called. It works well but sucks battery I believe.

I have a photo Vault that has the words Photo Video under a Gold logo of a Vault door.
I have forgotten the combination.
Anyone have any Idea how to change the forgotten password??

TheCock

Legend Member
ihammer. It can be found in many common garden sheds and garages. Very simple to use just pick it up and swing towards the iphone. :p jk

How much do you have to pay for apps on iphone

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
Group Text: An app that can have set lists of contacts and send bulk SMS to these lists.

I use it to make announcements to staff. As people tend to have their phones on them more than their keys and wallets these days.