Be kind 🤗

LongHair

Legend Member
Alot seek help, than are put straight on medication, this is not the answer. Doctors are to quick perscibe drugs. It has to be a combination of therapy as well. People do seek help but unfortunately the health system is so over run. They are put back out on the street with no help.
It is not that they have not tried. The system fails them !!
So I do not agree with you comment at all !!

I was not suggesting in my original post that there are no options available for those suffering depresssion as obviously there are, and fortunately these days mental health is becomming more visable to the public and as a result there are growing services and support around it. I could not agree more with you Katrina in regards to the quick fix options that our medical system applies to mental health in general.

However I also know from personal experience that the pathway to seeking help when depressed is not as clear and simple as it seems, first one needs to identify they are depressed, then they need to admit it to themselves, then have the courage to reach out and seek help and finally hope that they are not fobbed off or dismissed when they do.

Katrina Kiss

VIP COMPANION / LANGTREES PERTH
Legend Member
I was not suggesting in my original post that there are no options available for those suffering depresssion as obviously there are, and fortunately these days mental health is becomming more visable to the public and as a result there are growing services and support around it. I could not agree more with you Katrina in regards to the quick fix options that our medical system applies to mental health in general.

However I also know from personal experience that the pathway to seeking help when depressed is not as clear and simple as it seems, first one needs to identify they are depressed, then they need to admit it to themselves, then have the courage to reach out and seek help and finally hope that they are not fobbed off or dismissed when they do.
Long Hair people who are depressed know it. They battle with it every day.
I don't think they need to recognise it.!
I ♥️ u post but sometimes I do not agree.
That is OK , I hope. Xx

TantraShiva

Legend Member
I ♥️ u post but sometimes I do not agree.
That is OK , I hope. Xx

Short hair people also know, I dont think the length of hair impacts a persons knowing of their situtation 🤔

😜

LongHair

Legend Member
I ♥ u post but sometimes I do not agree.
That is OK , I hope. Xx
Of course its ok to disagree, we all are entitled to our thoughts and opinions and just as entitled to express those openly and without fear of criticism.

🤗 🤗

D

Deleted member 49173

Alot seek help, than are put straight on medication, this is not the answer. Doctors are to quick perscibe drugs. It has to be a combination of therapy as well. People do seek help but unfortunately the health system is so over run. They are put back out on the street with no help.
It is not that they have not tried. The system fails them !!
So I do not agree with you comment at all !!
I wonder if this is an education thing ? Medical Drs , as in your local GP , are just that .. medical trained drug prescribers.
People need to realise that going to the drug dispenser is more likely to end with drugs , rather than what they might really need is mental therapy.
So go to a mental health clinic , if possible ??

Katrina Kiss

VIP COMPANION / LANGTREES PERTH
Legend Member
and bipolar,extreme highs and very dark lows,also my 2 friends were the same,because we were from an earlier generation you never talked about this,you just tried to deal with it the best way you could,there was no way then you would talk about it,it was like a sign of weakness.
In the end it just becomes to much,too much sadness and alienation and the sense of hoplessness,sometimes it is just that wrong decision you make to end all the pain,most people do actually plan their end for quite some time
So sad 😞