Be kind 🤗

Katrina Kiss

VIP COMPANION / LANGTREES PERTH
Legend Member
Great sentiments Katrina, yes we are all humans finding our way in life and sometimes we lose our way.

The AFL game tonight is in honour of Danny "Spud" Frawley who succumbed to the black dog.

They had a presentation before the game to encourage people to talk and look after each other and it was very moving.
😪😪 The Black Dog is so hard, as others can not see it & you look fine. Smoke & mirrors. It goes undetected. Sometimes people are to ashamed to speak about it , for fear of being judged.
We as humans need to let others know it is OK to have mental heath issues. Having the gourage to ask for help & reach out without the fear of being judged is the answer I feel ❤🧡💛💜💙

Katrina Kiss

Legend Member
😪😪 The Black Dog is so hard, as others can not see it & you look fine. Smoke & mirrors. It goes undetected. Sometimes people are to ashamed to speak about it , for fear of being judged.
We as humans need to let others know it is OK to have mental heath issues. Having the gourage to ask for help & reach out without the fear of being judged is the answer I feel ❤🧡💛💜💙
Great sentiments Katrina, yes we are all humans finding our way in life and sometimes we lose our way.

The AFL game tonight is in honour of Danny "Spud" Frawley who succumbed to the black dog.

They had a presentation before the game to encourage people to talk and look after each other and it was very moving.

I totally agree with you Katrina,it has become acknowledged a lot more these days,it's been put out there that a lot of people have mental health problems and you can actually talk about,I do for one and surprisingly I have opened up to a few of my select mates about,then you find you are not alone.
A number of years ago it was not talked about,if you were depressed you were told to man up get over it,stop being such a wimp,I've lost a brother and a few good friends to this

Katrina Kiss

Legend Member
I totally agree with you Katrina,it has become acknowledged a lot more these days,it's been put out there that a lot of people have mental health problems and you can actually talk about,I do for one and surprisingly I have opened up to a few of my select mates about,then you find you are not alone.
A number of years ago it was not talked about,if you were depressed you were told to man up get over it,stop being such a wimp,I've lost a brother and a few good friends to this
Heartbreaking, loosing a brother & a few friend's 💔 I wonder if they reeched out & seeked help if things could of of been different. Talking abt it, you are definitely not less of a man, you are more so. Thank God things are changing. About time!!
Hope you are doing well. 🤗🤗
Friend's are so important, to have someone one to talk to, makes all the difference Dont you rhink? Xx

Heartbreaking, loosing a brother & a few friend's 💔 I wonder if they reeched out & seeked help if things could of of been different. Talking abt it, you are definitely not less of a man, you are more so. Thank God things are changing. About time!!
Friend's are so important, to have someone one to talk to, makes all the difference Dont you rhink? Xx
Thanks Katrina,I can hear you are a great and compassionate person,The world would be a nicer place with more like you,
My brother suffered for years withe depression

Thanks Katrina,I can hear you are a great and compassionate person,The world would be a nicer place with more like you,
My brother suffered for years withe depression
and bipolar,extreme highs and very dark lows,also my 2 friends were the same,because we were from an earlier generation you never talked about this,you just tried to deal with it the best way you could,there was no way then you would talk about it,it was like a sign of weakness.
In the end it just becomes to much,too much sadness and alienation and the sense of hoplessness,sometimes it is just that wrong decision you make to end all the pain,most people do actually plan their end for quite some time

Katrina Kiss

Legend Member
and bipolar,extreme highs and very dark lows,also my 2 friends were the same,because we were from an earlier generation you never talked about this,you just tried to deal with it the best way you could,there was no way then you would talk about it,it was like a sign of weakness.
In the end it just becomes to much,too much sadness and alienation and the sense of hoplessness,sometimes it is just that wrong decision you make to end all the pain,most people do actually plan their end for quite some time
There is so much help out there There is light at the end of the tunnel. If you get the right treatment & persist with it.
It may have to be ongoing for years but it would be worth it for a better quality of life and to learn healthy coping mechanisms as like you said people often use alcohol or drugs as self medication. Which makes rhings worse . Little things like exercise, sun, eating healthy & talking can help alot!

Last edited:
There is so much help out there There is light at the end of the tunnel. If you get the right treatment & persist with it.
It may have to be ongoing for years but it would be worth it for a better quality of life and to learn healthy coping mechanisms as like you said people often use alcohol or drugs as self medication. Which makes rhings worse . Little things like exercise, sun, eating healthy & talking can help alot!
Yes I totally agree with you Katrina,you would make a great support worker.
Yes exercise is a great stress reliever,sunshine does wonders for the body and the mind,also having a loving understanding partner is a real bonus,But that person has to be super special mentally and physically to cope with this type of person,it can be so stressful living with a bipolar person

Yes I totally agree with you Katrina,you would make a great support worker.
Yes exercise is a great stress reliever,sunshine does wonders for the body and the mind,also having a loving understanding partner is a real bonus,But that person has to be super special mentally and physically to cope with this type of person,it can be so stressful living with a bipolar person
Do you suffer from bouts of depression Katrina?,

Katrina Kiss

Legend Member
Exactly LongHair
Alot seek help, than are put straight on medication, this is not the answer. Doctors are to quick perscibe drugs. It has to be a combination of therapy as well. People do seek help but unfortunately the health system is so over run. They are put back out on the street with no help.
It is not that they have not tried. The system fails them !!
So I do not agree with you comment at all !!