• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Any true blue aussies out there???

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
As everybody knows from my previous posts, I know nothing about cars, so I`m hoping somebody might be able to teach me...

What makes you a FORD or HOLDEN fan?? I spoke to an Asian friend of mine recently and asked why most of them like to drive a HONDA and he told me that it can be seen as a bit more classy.

Surely you wouldn`t spend $35000 plus, just to impress somebody...

Happy2

Legend Member
BB If you spend 35k plus on a ute. Holden Or Ford and it never see's a a tool or never goes to a work site I think it may well be for show Allthough when you do win a girl over there certainly isn't the room we had back in the Öld days " With the old shaggin wagons
Whether it be a sandman Falcon or the Chrysler What was the name of their panel Wagon?

W

WRXXXR

Stupidity makes you a Holden fan :p

I've never bought my cars to impress anyone other than myself but 35k doesn't get you much in terms of an "impressive" Holden or ford. Need to spend at least 50k for a higher end base model or 50 - 60k for FPV (supercharged GT in black is my choice of weekend weapon!) or HSV. Hardly classy and not exactly well built but we bogans don't care..

Euro's will send you north of 100k for something half exciting and Japanese cars aren't to bad in value but most are pretty boring and unassuming (apart from gtrs, evos etc and even those will cost 60k+) Honda's are well built and reliable but hardly an exciting drive.

If you want to impress a girl, spend 30k on a black 2nd hand SS, dump it on rubbish bob jane rims, get 5 grade window tinting and a loud exhaust (so you sound fast) and you'll get loads of female attention :)

Last edited by a moderator:
B

BBoy02

I'll take my wrxy any day of the week
fast stock, easy to make faster, cheap parts
and the girls dont mind it, even converted a few V8 girls into it :)

but definately buy for yourself and not to impress.

P

Perth boy

I was a Holden and Chevy fan for years. Think it all started with my first car a HJ v8 sandman great car for a young fella when it comes to chicks. I think this started the passion for Holden and for about the next 20 years drove Holden and Chevrolet cars.

as time went buy I could afford a bit more and started to enjoy the finer things in life
it's now not Holden vs ford it's AMG Merc vs M series BMW or RS Audi

But my roots are still Holden and would never buy a ford !

W

WRXXXR

It certainly does :)

In all seriousness, im a huge Subaru fan. My first car was a MY99 wrx and it gave me 5 years of massive enjoyment. Really miss that car and often think it'd be nice to magically transfer my current power levels in to a wrx which weighs all of 1200kgs.

1.3l eh? Could be a 'Busa or even something powered by a 13B?

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Perth boy

Oh what I shame. There is this fantasy I have about having sex in the back of a sandman.

Alexandra I can see if now, overlooking the Perth City lights up at kings park with a nice bottle of wine then off for some cruzing along the beach front. Stop for a walk along the beach then cruze up to the Zig Zags in the hills for another romp in the back of the van with Auzzie crawl or meat loaf playing on the cassette .

If she's a rocking dont cum knocking!

A

AlexandraSilk

Alexandra does it have to be a Sandman, or will another old car do????:icon_blow

Ha ha. I'm looking forward to steaming up the windows and polishing the chrome in your old car when it's ready. :love76:

whilom

Whilom
Gold Member
I'll take my wrxy any day of the week
fast stock, easy to make faster, cheap parts
and the girls dont mind it, even converted a few V8 girls into it :)

but definately buy for yourself and not to impress.

Turbo, AWD and Rice Power rocks, STI