Another important issue for members to decide re editing posts & threads

G

Gigi

How long should we allow members to edit threads and posts it is set at different levels for different groups. Only a few hours for newbies I am thinking one week for newbies and two weeks for Gold and over let me know your thoughts.
From my perspective, It probably would depend on the content, potentially they’ve clicked the wrong photo, or wrong emoji.
Wrong photo can be fat thumbs nuclear. Also wrong emoji could potentially hurt someone’s feelings
Proper spelling and grammar etiquette is personal preference. Especially in a slice of the world with a magnitude of abbreviations.

✨🫧

Last edited by a moderator:

LongHair

Legend Member
From my perspective, It probably would depend on the content, potentially they’ve clicked the wrong photo, or wrong emoji.
Wrong photo can be fat thumbs nuclear. Also wrong emoji could potentially hurt someone’s feelings
Proper spelling and grammar etiquette is personal preference. Especially in a slice of the world with a magnitude of abbreviations.

✨🫧
My thoughts are that with the pace that the forum operates probably 2 days is sufficient, if someone makes inflamatory post that is factually incorrect or not appropriate, in line with the forum policies or general social standards then they should have the ability to edit that post.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
My thoughts are that with the pace that the forum operates probably 2 days is sufficient, if someone makes inflamatory post that is factually incorrect or not appropriate, in line with the forum policies or general social standards then they should have the ability to edit that post.
Thanks guys the info helps me I think people often have reflection as get lots of requests to delete comments.

G

Gigi

It see
I agree, forums and threads are definitely fast-paced.

StevieG

Diamond Member
How long should we allow members to edit threads and posts it is set at different levels for different groups. Only a few hours for newbies I am thinking one week for newbies and two weeks for Gold and over let me know your thoughts.
This seems reasonable. Occasionally I have edited my OP when new info comes in the replies to help others (e.g. change the name, add phone or note scammer etc)

Forum owners (advertisers) would need to be able to edit the OP of roster threads in perpetuity

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
This seems reasonable. Occasionally I have edited my OP when new info comes in the replies to help others (e.g. change the name, add phone or note scammer etc)

Forum owners (advertisers) would need to be able to edit the OP of roster threads in perpetuity
They can have full admin to their boards babe a lot dont bother to learn how to use and Dwayne does it for them. Sub Forums are complete ownership we have a private subforum on the forum that none of us ever see as that is the way they want it.