• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Afl 2012

W

WRXXXR

Footys back!

Thoughts, predictions tips for 2012?

Budgies should have another good year. Top 6 at least. Some of the Stupidest haircuts in the league though, as seen yesterday.

Not sure about dockers. If yesterday was anything to go by (it's only NAB cup I know) but they couldn't clear the ball) it's going to be another tough season for us supporters. Maybe 7/8 at best. Things are looking positive to get to a few interstate games.

Geelong to start falling away, Carlton or hawks for the premiership. Pies under Buckley (he's a dick!) will be an interesting one. Top 6 at best

S

steve14

Seem to recall people writing off Geelong at the beginning of last season ... don't under estimate them again this year....we have recruited well
and have some handy replacements in Menzel and Vardy who both will return from long term injury after playing virtually none of the finals
series ... mid season.
with a core of players like Selwood , Johnson , Bartel , Taylor , Scarlett , Kelly , Corey , and Enright and the much improved Hawkins and Christensen etc , I would not be writing them off just yet!

Demon

Legend Member
GWS Giants to come 18th (only because 19th is not possible).

Has to be the worst name ever (Any marketing person who has done at least 5 seconds marketing knows that a three-word name [Greater Western Sydney] never works. Does anyone in Sydney refer to a location called Greater Western Sydney? (particularly when it includes Canberra)

Four home grounds? Sounds like no home grounds. They are a travelling circus.

It is so bad that it makes the Gold Coast team look viable.

asianguy77

Diamond Member
Actually GWS didn't get blown out of the water by the Bulldogs or Hawthorn, and got pretty close. They will do better than most people think, and probably will do better than Gold Coast in their first season.

Dockers will do better this year, however, they need to stop moving Pavlich around and keep in the forward line to kick more goals. Also give Anthony a chance.

W

WRXXXR

They need to get rid of pav in a season or 2 (at best) IMHO. Fyfe as captain and Hill as vice captain. Bugger off the "leadership group". Freo have a lot of dead wood and if Sandi wasn't 23ft tall he wouldn't get a game either. Have a bit of a soft spot for the big fella but some of the stuff he does on feild is a bit weird.

Mzungu, he shows some talent as do a few others but their tackling is weak as piss. I've been a freo fan since late 94 but enoughs enough.

fifoboy

Gold Member
I did my tips for round 1 of the premiership the other day and only came up with 2 home teams for wins... That's not going to work. It's going to be an interesting season.