• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Advice need- What age do you let your daughter date

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
Any age is fine by me;)
I'll take GOOD care of her n make sure she's in bed bfore 9pm

Happy2

Legend Member
I read threads like you have put up Sue and I am pleased I have sons
I read posts in reply by Men like bepp and I Thank the lord I had sons

johnlou

5 Star General
Foundation Member
Any age is fine by me;)
I'll take GOOD care of her n make sure she's in bed bfore 9pm
hey Beep , me thinks that is not what Ms Sue was asking lol

Ms Sue i would say depending on the age of the suitor as well on where and how many others in the group .

so many scenarios to think about

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
hey Beep , me thinks that is not what Ms Sue was asking lol

Ms Sue i would say depending on the age of the suitor as well on where and how many others in the group .

so many scenarios to think about
Yeah....ur right ...damn...what was I thinking:p:mad:

User184

Gold Member
Don't have a daughter, but I'd say... it depends on how capable and mature and responsible your daughter is. I don't think it necessarily needs to be a group date, but I'd say tell them to keep to public places.

As for advice for an overprotective mother... I hear compulsive pacing and hyperventilation are all the rage these days, so maybe try a stress ball, and breathing into a paper bag. And chillax. Remember this is supposed to be a fun adventure for your daughter, not a source of aggravation. Heaven knows there's enough of that around for teenagers.

MrBig

Diamond Member
Hey Ms Sue.
TRUST is the key word.
If you and your daughter can easily discuss relationship issues openly without either getting defensive and rebellious and she's happy to take in your advice with mature understanding then I reckon she's ready.
If you make it a huge issue resulting in rebellious behaviour then you'd better get your cuffs and chains from your boudoir and use them as a preventative measure instead of your usual pleasure enhancement purpose.
Good luck!

MrBig

Diamond Member
Some girls you shouldn't let out of the house ever, others behave responsibly from a very early age.
So you can't put an age to it - everyone's different.
Some young ladies won't learn at all and all you can do is delay the inevitable.
If she's happy to listen to the wisdom of her parents then you'll probably be ok.

Sir Cruiser

Legend Member
Someone else already said it depends upon the maturity of the daughter and your relationship with her as well which will determine the success. As to being over protective, you are obviously so because you are a mother with a mother's instincts and love for her daughter and just those points are more than enough qualification to be over protective, all you can do on the surface is pretend to be relaxed, hope that nothing happens but be ready to support her if things go wrong. Life has a way of balancing things out, I hope it goes well for you both.

Buk

Diamond Member
Ms. Sue I too shared your concern with my daughters. MrLittle raised a number of very pertinent pointers. I was very close to my daughters all through their early childhood, adolescence and into their adulthood and remain so today (they're in their 20s). I always did everything with them (watching My Little Pony tested my patience) and over time trust through sharing, listening and COMMUNICATION both ways certainly assisted when at age 15-16 I agreed to them going out first with small groups. Then later with boyfriend. In both cases I made sure I knew their friends (and they knew who I was), and generally I dropped them off to the location they were meeting, reaffirmed my expectations and told them what time that night I would pick them up and to listen/check their mobile.....and usually ended up dropping their friends home, which wasn't difficult living in a town in north west. Sometimes I had to say NO to some requests and always explained why, which wasn't always appreciated but accepted as they knew, over the years, that dad was very fair....and I constantly reminded them that I loved them, even when we had our differences. (Let me know if you want to hear how I went about the underage drinking requests....which I approached with a degree of flexibility, mmmm ,rightly or wrongly). Good luck, I can tell you are an understanding mother who would never take the "it's my way or the highway" attitude.

Farm Boy 2

Legend Member
What age do you think girls should date ....
Should they be in groups .................
What advice can you give a over protective mother ...............................

Well Sue that depends on Who there date is and what type of date , school dance or weekend in Roto

S

Scottyy

This is a tough topic. I know I'd struggle.

Kids these days, you wouldn't know.

How much do you TRUST your child? You'd ideally prefer to get to know the other sides parents and kid too.

johnlou

5 Star General
Foundation Member
Ms Sue my advise is that you trust and respect your daughter to do what is right , with-in the guidelines of your teachings up to and including the morning of the date , if you and daughter are open in conversation , then if she makes a mistake , you are able to discuss this with her and advise her for the future ,
never "tell" her anything, as she will close up and defy you in the future . " told " is another word you should not use as she will do same .

all the best with your daughter

Buk

Diamond Member
This is a tough topic. I know I'd struggle.

Kids these days, you wouldn't know.

How much do you TRUST your child? You'd ideally prefer to get to know the other sides parents and kid too.
Exactly. TRUST is something built upon over their growing years and not something a parent suddenly decides to establish overnight, so to speak. And with trust comes respect from both sides. This doesn't necessarily guarantee everything will go by the parents plan but certainly lays strong foundations for some 'peace of mind' as the daughters (and sons too) start venturing out with friends. My daughters still laugh at a quote I use to remind them of constantly....'If in doubt, don't!!' (Admittedly not always a philosophy their father followed :-().

Madam Jacqui

Madam @ Langtrees
Legend Member
What advice can you give a over protective mother ...............................

Our Parents let us have a big dance party at home and they Sat and Watched us, Yuk at that time...........;)

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
Girls mature faster than boys, which leads me to ask, why do we protect daughters from dating because of pregnancy fear is that correct? well I may of failed science at school but it takes a boy to be there to make said child, so why are we only protecting one side of the dating game, but if you have sons its all okay for them to go out and fuck whom ever and that is applauded right? no wonder why we have sportsmen, actors, male politicians thinking its all okay to be married and fuck around, but women need to be protected what double standards......

Ask this one too, at what age should your son be allowed to date, as is he gets a girl pregnant guess what you are no longer a dad, but a Grand Dad!!

This thread stinks of misogyny.....

Last edited:

Morgan Sapphire

Diamond Member
If she shows a good level of maturity and you've met this boy, I guess you need to let go a bit and let her experience the start of her "social life". And also, you need to remember that trust and respect works both ways. I f you try to shut her away at home she will eventually rebel .
Age does come into this a little, but if you trust her , let her out but as a group to start off with. Also drop her off and pick her up which should put your mind at ease a bit.
Something to look forward to myself ( I'll be coming to you for advice then HE HE ! ).

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
Hey Sue Like to borrow a shotgun ? It doesn't have to be loaded
Just make sure it's visible to the young gentleman when you open the front door

The problem is not the shotgun behind the door, but the one in his pants that is only thinking about one thing... Why are we only talking about daughters, what about teaching sons respect of women and hey women are not on this planet for your entertainment and play thing.

S

Scottyy

The problem is not the shotgun behind the door, but the one in his pants that is only thinking about one thing... Why are we only talking about daughters, what about teaching sons respect of women and hey women are not on this planet for your entertainment and play thing.

It was the original post. But I'm with you on teaching sons too.