Word Vs. Actions..

T

Thatguy

When it comes to dealing with other people... are you the type that:

A. Take people at their word and what they say... or...

B. Look at peoples actions and what they do....

I am finding at the moment i am falling a little between the two... and am ending up being let down as im hearing what they say... but their actions arent backing up their words... and im not sure what to do about it...

Thoughts?

Happy2

Legend Member
When I first met someone I do take them at their word

It would not be a great start if you automatically assumed the person you've just met is lying to you

I believe most people to be basically honest But just haven't shown you their full persona . And you will learn more as you go whether good or no you will find out soon enough

All part of the fun of meeting new people But always listen to that little voice inside your head

Reactions: Bee

Paul L

Silver Member
I also take people at their word initially. As Happy says people are basically honest. There are some though with agendas. So keep an eye on actions and the true person will show themselves weather that be male or female.
That is when decisions are made.

Sir Cruiser

Legend Member

I am finding at the moment i am falling a little between the two... and am ending up being let down as im hearing what they say... but their actions arent backing up their words... and im not sure what to do about it...

Thoughts?
I suppose it would depend on circumstanced TG, if it was a personal relationship or just casual, male or female and if you had feelings if female or just felt betrayed. Can you elaborate in public?

T

Thatguy

I suppose it would depend on circumstanced TG, if it was a personal relationship or just casual, male or female and if you had feelings if female or just felt betrayed. Can you elaborate in public?

No huge elaboration.. but i can say yez female... and at the moment her words and actions do not match.... so..

nextplease69

Silicone parts are made for toys.
Gold Member

Thoughts?

Part of my job is to evaluate people in their jobs, especially new workers.

I listen to what people say and can reference it at will, but my judgement's are based upon their actions or lack thereof.
3 days.
That's the longest it's ever taken me to have someone figured out....in a workplace situation anyhow.
Most people though, less than one working day and I can tell you weather or not they're full of it.

Personal life though, that's a little bit trickier because you don't get to put their words to the test like I do at work. You need to wait and watch, often just see how things play out.
Trust your instincts though and failing that, just call her out on it, see what she has to say...

Stan_the_Man

I swear to God I had something for this...
Silver Member
It becomes a bit easier once you know someone for a while. Although to say you can always take someone on their word, or can always judge someone by their actions is like saying the world is black and white, when really it's a full spectrum of every grey imaginable.

Where it is hard is when it is a loved one, or someone close, and you want to be able to take them on their words, but you get hurt because their actions betray this. It's easy to fall into this trap time and time again, unfortunately.

So, in summary... I dunno. It's hard.

Sir Cruiser

Legend Member
It becomes a bit easier once you know someone for a while. Although to say you can always take someone on their word, or can always judge someone by their actions is like saying the world is black and white, when really it's a full spectrum of every grey imaginable.

Where it is hard is when it is a loved one, or someone close, and you want to be able to take them on their words, but you get hurt because their actions betray this. It's easy to fall into this trap time and time again, unfortunately.

So, in summary... I dunno. It's hard.
Well put StM

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
Yes do give the benefits of the doubts before the person can be proven the guilt.

Happy2

Legend Member
Then for no apparent reason You can dislike a person from the very moment you lay eyes on them
Yet they have been nothing but polite and forthcoming And all your mates have a shot at you But you just can not warm to this person

Only ever happened to me once And still now 20yrs later we are polite no more My mates still tell me Im a idiot ( Whats new?) and he tries to start a chat but It just aint goin ta Appen

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
Aye, I can relate...there be people who are not relatable no matter how hard they try.

Ziggy Pop

Cunning linguist & master debater.
Gold Member
Generally I don't have a rule, I tend to just go with my instincts. I don't like to assume the worst of people, but sometimes you can just tell when someone isn't telling the truth.

T

Thatguy

Generally I don't have a rule, I tend to just go with my instincts. I don't like to assume the worst of people, but sometimes you can just tell when someone isn't telling the truth.

I used to do this.. but i think over time i have become less trusting and more guarded in my approach...

It would be something so simple that would bring a little happiness.... but its something not done.. so sadness it brings... and sadness remains.... such is life....

Winter W.

Gold Member

Thoughts?

actions speak louder than words but unfortunately im deaf so i HEAR NOTHING! hehe

Paul L

Silver Member
It is difficult, I do tend to be a trusting soul. It is only when people actions betray their true motives that I change. However I do also give people more than one chance as everybody f^^ks up every now and then.

Amanda Secrets

Diamond Member
The artist Pablo Picasso once said,

“Action is the foundational key to all success.”

In personal or work, talk is cheap, the proof of the pudding as they say!!

I believe in giving people 3 chances, then, well - if nothing is as they say - finito