What would you do??

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Was asked by a couple older friends to book them a hotel online since thier not very computer smart and being the kind soul I am I did.
Now 2 weeks later I`ve been told that one no longer wishes to stay where I booked because they have heard some bad reviews about it.

I`m not worried about them losing money because of the cancellation because there is no fee, but because one wants to stay in a more fancy place it`s going to cost them about an extra $120 per night.
Thier going twin share and paying 1/2 each and although one can afford the extra, the other is trying to budget...

Wht would you do??:eek:ccasion14

P

Perth boy

Find them some good reviews on the one you booked. Check trip advisor.

If you find good reviews on it you may be able to talk them around. Also look for bad reviews one the other one they want to stay in,

W

wingman

Find them some good reviews on the one you booked. Check trip advisor.

If you find good reviews on it you may be able to talk them around. Also look for bad reviews one the other one they want to stay in,

Or even type some into each of their websites :eek:ccasion14

W

WRXXXR

Don't get involved in their holiday. Tell them once they decide, you'll show them how to book it but its up to them to work out how much they want to spend and where they want to stay.

Holidays, where people aren't on the same wave length re spending, often end in tears so not worth getting caught in the middle.

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Tried walking away... and I even suggested that the other friends that showed them the bad review help them with the booking instead said they still want me to make the actual booking. So I`ve told them fine, use the other friend to help find the hotel and then let me know which one it is... and then I`ll do the booking part.

I also asked them to let me know where they found the bad review. Not that I don`t think it`s there but just because the only reviews I`ve seen so far have been positive...

Happy2

Legend Member
Yep you just facilitate no need to be piggy in the middle
But it is worth mentioning look at the good reviews It is
far easier to write a bad review than a good one Only
look at some of the review sites for even popular W/L's
Good reviews take some thought bad ones are easy
and often overly negative

bushseeker

Foundation Member
WTF????

rude pricks

youve helped them out and there still not happy

tell them to get stuffed and sort it out themselves
ungreatfull pricks .

if they can just suck it and see for themselves after putting you out ..........

Demon

Legend Member
All good hotels have bad reviews. When I book hotels I deliberately look for the bad reviews to determine:

1. Are the issues raised of importance to me?
2. Is the review honest, or a 'bad hair day' review?

I also read the good reviews.

Remember the writer of the bad review might not have the same values as you.

jlmiller

Gold Member
+ Bushseeker and +Demon
Personally, I would have never taken this on unless I was being paid, too much of a hassle and the constant back and forth, that is why there are travel agents, they get paid to handle the constant changing and crap.

Demon

Legend Member
+ Bushseeker and +Demon
Personally, I would have never taken this on unless I was being paid, too much of a hassle and the constant back and forth, that is why there are travel agents, they get paid to handle the constant changing and crap.

I agree with not taking it on. But BB has tried to back out, so I gave advice for his current position.

Reminds me of a joke:

Visitor to town asks: How do I get to ... from here?
Local: If I wanted to go there, I would not start from here.

antonov

Gold Member
As there is no cancellation fee and they have "another friend" who found the bad review - just cancel the booking and leave it up to them to sort it out themselves. And take them (all) off your Christmas list!