Langtrees VIP Perth 3

Diamond Member
Before moving to Perth from NZ I did my research on Langtrees and the madam herself.
As with most research there was mixed reviews. People either hated both the establishment and Madam or absolutely loved them.
There were many reasons for both but come I did and have not regretted my decision. Don't get me wrong I have had some really shitty days where I just wanted to pack up and go home. Many a time there has been a shoulder for me to cry on but last week I watched a true lady do a special thing for her friend and staff member. My fascination and admiration grew each day as we worked together. What she did was far beyond what many people call a true friend. It was carried out with thought,love,care and understanding.
It reminded me we should make our own judgements on what we know and believe. Not what we read in chat rooms, gossip columns, newspapers or hear in idle gossip. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but sometimes we are quick to judge.
Like I said I met a lady, a lady that has my respect and admiration. Good friends are hard to find. xxx

Dallas

Legend Member
Well said Vivien, I've met more genuine and honest people through LT's than I've ever met anywhere else through my personal or working life. It's a very special environment indeed when it can attract so many very special people :)

Dallas

Legend Member
Well MrC it's better to have had a friend and lost them than never to have had a friend at all, a bit like w/l's really :)

Dallas

Legend Member
Oh sorry to hear that then, I have one you could borrow but they're high maintenance

C

colzilla

Sorry MrD to much maintenance for me that's why he went on a one way trip.

C

Contrarian

A friend is one who helps you move house. A good friend is one who helps you move bodies. I have two :D

C

colzilla

Be$ties are good.

When it come$ to friend$ it'$ hard to go pa$t cold hard Mr Ca$h.

honestman

Gold Member
Good friends are hard to find. xxx

^ A sincere, humble evidence why I am partially against the norm of society of today - Social Media. Yes, hard to believe this is coming from a graphic designer. I only see social media as nothing a but 'friendly' portal of business, promotion and work.

But in terms of personal development; it's a mixed thought.

You can certainly have (and I believe it's common) to have 200+ friends on facebook, google+, and hundreds more followers in Twitter. But WHO and WHAT really are these people mean to you? They are either strictly families related or just 'digital' friends - friends that have gone, and moved ahead since beyond the years of your study days who thought you were made and meant for them. Or in very rare circumstances, someone who accepts you on a whim. Or more commonly - associates of work who instantly brings you constant mindset of 'work'.

I've certainly have offered enough of my shoulders for someone to cry (God, I do somewhat miss those overnight pressure days at TAFE) but at the end of the day - years have gone by and two quality that ONLY a few people remains to have - are humility & awareness itself.

Only a very small handful of people (less than five, perhaps even less) are what I consider 'meaningful' and 'human'; more than just friends who gives one and only one comment to me each year as 'Happy Birthday'. Even though at one time one of these people have completely given up by saying "Go f***** see a psychiatrist." completely straight in my face.

Nonetheless, I'm sorry to hear your post over anything that has brought you down to your emotions at work. May a few but genuine hearts be with you.

C

colzilla

Mr2 it's same person except I've mentioned him 3 times.

Still can't beat Mr Ca$h when it comes to friends.

Happy2

Legend Member
Mr Ca$h No likee me It takes forever to convince him to come visit And the first chance he gets He dumps me and goes running off with a pretty working girl or barmaid

svengali

Foundation Member
Yep, Honestman has nailed it.

If you want to separate the wheat of friendship from the chaff my favourite test is this rather grim one.

"If he died tomorrow would I go to his funeral and if I died would he go to mine?"

I lost a day's work and drove 300k's for the funeral of a friend's sister because I have known him from high school and I know he would do the same for me. There are a lot of people who I interract with daily and there is often mutual respect there but friendship?, Nah.

C

Contrarian

I know many people who've said the same thing to me - if they had any real close friends, they can only name 2 at the most. Even using Sven's criteria, many people can name 2 at most. They say if you can count the number of REAL friends on the fingers of one hand you're already VERY, VERY lucky.

Ms Sue

Legend Member
Hey Viv,
The person that you are talking about has a heart of gold and I have personally watched over the 20 or so years different things that have amazed me... She is a quiet achiever and doesn't look for any recognition...
Whether it is her family friends or a total stranger she is normally first there.....
I have learn many things over the years that I use in my day to day life.... But the most important lesson that I have learned in the last 12 months is there is so much poverty all around the world and Yes we can make a difference...
Ms Sue....
xoxoxox

Happy2

Legend Member
I know many people who've said the same thing to me - if they had any real close friends, they can only name 2 at the most. Even using Sven's criteria, many people can name 2 at most. They say if you can count the number of REAL friends on the fingers of one hand you're already VERY, VERY lucky.

I agree Contrarian I have 3 good friends Even met one through this site. And one real great mate who has been part of my life since primary school But a cousin of mine she just laughs at such silliness as she has well over 200

Ms Sue

Legend Member
My mum would always say when you die and you have a handful of friends you where blessed....
As a teenager I never understood but as I became older I had the understanding.....
So now I tell my kids and they give me the same look as I did as a teen....lol.........

Langtrees VIP Perth 3

Diamond Member
A new friend I have made. Honestman it was so nice to meet you last night and as you had guessed I was also known as Trixie when I worked the floor here at Langtrees.
So my story reached so many and your kindness was so appreciated. Our little girl is doing OK. They have just changed her medication so she is being monitored very closely.
I am saving my pennies at the moment because I would like to bring the family over here for a holiday in WA. My grand daughters disease is very rare and they have never met anyone else with the same disease. There are however a large number of children with the disease in WA and the national support president is here too. I have spoken with her and she tells me if I can get my family here they will arrange a picnic so we can meet others, sufferers, parents and siblings.
I have met a older child with the disease recently and I have never cried so much. To see my grand daughters future.
But we need to be prepared. Knowledge can prepare us all so we hope to use WA support as NZ is so small. There are only 8 children in NZ
Again thankyou honestman. I went and bought her a cuddly toy and a jewellery box for her to decorate and got it posted straight away. She is in hospital at the moment with her new medication trials. Viv xx

T

Tania Admin

In a world that can be cold, harsh, nasty, hurtful, tormenting, full of jealousy and pain, it is always good to be reminded that there are good people out there, willing to take their own initiative to help others and to to be good kind people and good friends. And as for the learning factor, I definitely made some really good friends including the very clever, kind and ambitious Mary-Anne and I am constantly learning from these friends I have made. It's not all bad in the world out there and it's great to have reminders of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

colzilla

Yeah! like Mr Cash. Not to many of my problems he can't solve... Bless him.

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Yes, so true......never judge a book by it's cover and true friends can come in the most unlikely situations and might be the most unexpected people.
But in saying so.......true friends are the ones who stick to you when you are low, sad and in a bad place.
I have seen so often that people are surrounded by all the 'so called friends' as long as they are on the sunny side of life but it all changes when shit hits the fan.........we usually end up with 1 or 2 if we re lucky who give a helping hand and a shoulder to lean on.

R.xxxxxxxx

T

Tania Admin

Yeah! like Mr Cash. Not to many of my problems he can't solve... Bless him.

LOL Oh Col,,,you can't have a conversation, a drink, a cuddle, a chin wag, a cry, get advice, advise, a kiss, an ear nor the many other benefits friendship has to offer, with cash.

C

colzilla

Yes but some of us are lucky enough to not have to pay for them and to have them as a solid constant rock in our lives :)

Actually I don't pay for those things either... The solid rock is myself.

honestman

Gold Member
A new friend I have made. Honestman it was so nice to meet you last night and as you had guessed I was also known as Trixie when I worked the floor here at Langtrees.
So my story reached so many and your kindness was so appreciated. Our little girl is doing OK. They have just changed her medication so she is being monitored very closely.
I am saving my pennies at the moment because I would like to bring the family over here for a holiday in WA. My grand daughters disease is very rare and they have never met anyone else with the same disease. There are however a large number of children with the disease in WA and the national support president is here too. I have spoken with her and she tells me if I can get my family here they will arrange a picnic so we can meet others, sufferers, parents and siblings.
I have met a older child with the disease recently and I have never cried so much. To see my grand daughters future.
But we need to be prepared. Knowledge can prepare us all so we hope to use WA support as NZ is so small. There are only 8 children in NZ
Again thankyou honestman. I went and bought her a cuddly toy and a jewellery box for her to decorate and got it posted straight away. She is in hospital at the moment with her new medication trials. Viv xx

My humility remains in providing courtesy whenever and wherever I 'felt' it.

It is truly inspiring for anyone to have read your life experience, even though it may be just a short series of write up but within those words really brought someone to take some action. At last, and at least I did hope- in many ways a lot better and concretely meaningful than simply saying "best wishes".

I learned and gathered 90% of the people I meet and liaised in life thus far (however few they are but varied from experiences and backgrounds) tend to offer condolences to any problems as "quick dismissal" voices in a form of they call unsolicited advices. This has affected me so much during my month/s of unemployment (in 2011), I began to seriously do some reading & research about it, and when that next time comes someone snap to me any one of those quick dismissal voices I can grow ever so slightly stronger in saying to them back 'Thank you.'.

In this life, perhaps one of the most difficult thing is to know how to separate the good away from the bad. Thrown together with luck there is a chance that a few WILL one day, in the distant month or even year to come - a few hearts of gold will come forward. The currency and cost for this is simply time, and patience; despite how continuously harsh and true that is from my experience.

But it is good to hear now that you have the attention of the higher authorities. What's surprising now is that as you stated there's a large number of children are afflicted with it.

For me to witness these would be breaking. Hence, perhaps only at this moment I can only offer my best hopes; hopefully in more ways than one - that you will be able to share your heart and experience to the authorities you've mentioned, and stay with those close to you @ Langtrees.

Many hearts goes to your grand daughter, and that I am glad that I met you just at the rightful moment to offer you something yesterday. Again, a rare message of thanks to lighten my day, sincerest thanks for writing back :).