urban myth???

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Had a customer today ask if any of our dishes contained a lot of chilli.

The reason she explained was that because she was breast feeding and so she couldn`t eat anything spicy, just in case the taste flowed to her breasts.

At first I thought she was kidding me but then I remembered that some say Indians can be a bit smelly because the foods they eat releases some kind of fragrance thru the pores of their skin.

If the chilli can reach her breasts maybe I`ve discovered a new way to make a banana milkshake...

Tannerone

Gold Member
The smell of Garlic is certainly expelled through the pores of the skin, particularly if the food had even a medium amount of it. The consumer cannot smell it, but those close by definitely can - speaking from bitter experience, and I can't stand Garlic.

Tannerone

poida81

Bronze Member
I'm pretty shore that anything in the garlic and onion family's all seep through the skin.

svengali

Foundation Member
Only way to find out is to eat it then feed the bub. If he/she goes red in the face and starts gagging you will have your answer.

Last edited:

Happy2

Legend Member
Give your fave W/L a big box of Neuhaus Chocolates from Belgium And sample for yourself tomorrow
I think both parties would be happy

N

Naughty Thoughts

It sounds logical, to a degree. I don't doubt that a lot of what we eat gets picked up by the bloodstream and circulated around the body.

Would the breast milk taste spicy? I doubt it, but I also doubt there has been much of a proper study on this. Anyone got a few spare university students and some grants lying around?

Happy2

Legend Member
It sounds logical, to a degree. I don't doubt that a lot of what we eat gets picked up by the bloodstream and circulated around the body.

Would the breast milk taste spicy? I doubt it, but I also doubt there has been much of a proper study on this. Anyone got a few spare university students and some grants lying around?

Dont give the Govt ideas loneroad Federal or State Lab or Lib wont pay for state housing or send a child to the US for treatment But mention grants for testing/tasting for spicy milk the Money for such things seems to get splashed around all to easily

T

teddEbear

I thought chilli was acidic and milk was a base therefore the spice should be neutralised. Maybe if you eat a butload of chilli. I've heard some people say they can taste spice in their partners' love juices but I've never experienced that personally.

C

Contrarian

Body odour of the type the OP describes isn't released so much through the skin as it is due to a lack of deodorant. Many Germans don't wear deodorant and smell the same.

Yes it's true about the breast milk. And that's why mothers accidentally poison their babies when they've been accidentally fed something toxic e.g. a metal jar that's polished with a chemical and contains drinking water.