Treasures of Langtrees giveaway Sunday 20th of August from 9 am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
This sword is a 1897 British Queen Elizabeth II Army officers sword.

It is a real sword and not a replica in average condition. I believe this was worn for ceremonial purposes and has not experienced battle as it has minimal damage and was not baroness to make it battle ready.

The worth of the sword has is up to $1000 because around that time the British army stopped officers from carrying swords since the they were shot on first sight since they were recognised as officers.

Most swords were returned to base then England and there is an abundance of them.

Never the less it is a beautifully crafted edge and point weapon, and no I will not sell it as it is an exclusive gift from @Mrs Langtrees

@LongHair do these facts check out ? IMG_2995.jpeg IMG_2994.jpeg IMG_2998.jpeg IMG_2997.jpeg 71360912301__BE650B3D-5A91-4701-B451-8C41E89997C6.jpeg

LongHair

Legend Member
This sword is a 1897 British Queen Elizabeth II Army officers sword.

It is a real sword and not a replica in average condition. I believe this was worn for ceremonial purposes and has not experienced battle as it has minimal damage and was not baroness to make it battle ready.

The worth of the sword has is up to $1000 because around that time the British army stopped officers from carrying swords since the they were shot on first sight since they were recognised as officers.

Most swords were returned to base then England and there is an abundance of them.

Never the less it is a beautifully crafted edge and point weapon, and no I will not sell it as it is an exclusive gift from @Mrs Langtrees

@LongHair do these facts check out ? View attachment 195817 View attachment 195818 View attachment 195819 View attachment 195820 View attachment 195821
Yoda,
are there any markings / engraving on the blade of the sword, normally towards the hilt if any are present, you might try contacting this company, they may be able to help you narrow down the ID of the sword.
I should dig through my some of my old memories and see if I still have my Sam Browne somewhere.

Master Yoda

Legend Member
Yoda,
are there any markings / engraving on the blade of the sword, normally towards the hilt if any are present, you might try contacting this company, they may be able to help you narrow down the ID of the sword.
I should dig through my some of my old memories and see if I still have my Sam Browne somewhere.

There are plenty of markings and engraving. You njustvdont knkw what they mean.

You mean this sword could be unique and belong to a specific officer? IMG_3010.jpeg IMG_3011.jpeg IMG_3012.jpeg IMG_3013.jpeg IMG_3015.jpeg

LongHair

Legend Member
yoda, it is unlikely that it belonged a specific officer, there was not just one sword design that all officer used, different corps did have different swords, so the sword design was generally specific to officers of that corps.

For example the engineers and infantry officers swords were hand guard patterns and blade markings, as just one example

Cheers,

Master Yoda

Legend Member
[
yoda, it is unlikely that it belonged a specific officer, there was not just one sword design that all officer used, different corps did have different swords, so the sword design was generally specific to officers of that corps.

For example the engineers and infantry officers swords were hand guard patterns and blade markings, as just one example

Cheers,

This sword is in a work condition only by poor storage. But it is a beautiful antique.

What swords do you have ?

I love swords. I was once a fencing champion on my youth. And I am proficient is Chinese and Japanese sword arts.

Do you have something cool to chow us ?

LongHair

Legend Member
yoda,

I am no collector, however I have always appreciated swords for the workmanship of the artisans who create them.

My only sword knowlege comes from their ceremonial use

Status
Not open for further replies.