...the joys of parenthood????

johnlou

5 Star General
Foundation Member
yer i saw this on msn news on friday n i recon its gr8 :) maybe the parents will get it back :)

John

F

Farm Boy

Some sympathy for dad"s with rebellious daughters but the smoking littering and casual use of firearms detracted from the message.

aussielids

Silver Member
I have to admit it made me cringe to hear her letter, and cringe to see him shoot the laptop. I personally wouldn't post something like this on the net. I would set up the latptop to play a similar video when it turned on (obviously without the shooting) and then made it do a factory system restore. I would then have carried the other punishments like removing her ipod etc. But publicly humiliting a 15yr old I don't think is the right answer, and she'll be scared for life as she'll never live it down with her family and friends as well as with her peers. But the message it gives to us parents is a strong one about facebook and other technologies where instant communications are used. Once you hit send it's there for life, and that applies to this site too. I think I'll reconsider how my children earn their privelidges...

C

colbb123

The Principal at a school I know recently took an interesting approach as to the FB issue with the youngens. His message was something like this....'accept that FB is how youth today express themselves and communicate with their friends and any attempt to limit or monitor its use is wasted effort, the kids are on a fast moving FB train and adults have two options. Stand on the platform watching the train go by or get on the train themselves and help to guide it by being a good passenger.