Tell me how old you are, without telling me how old you are ⏳

doob

Legend Member
I was Thirteen when England won the World Cup.
Testing your sporting knowledge guys!!
1966, the last time England won the Soccer World Cup. 'til today people still contend that Geoff Hurst was offside but it's been proven he was onside a long time ago.

Can't remember where I read it but sadly with the exception of the Charlton brothers and Nobby Stiles, a sizeable number of the 1966 soccer team of that time died paupers. I think there's been a long time push for the entire team to be knighted posthumously or otherwise. Don't know if anything came of it.

Notice that a sizeable number of the player of the time died with dementia. Of course age had something to do with it but I can't help wonder if it was also due to concussion in the game or heading the ball so often. Geoff Hurst made a very kind gesture about it. https://metro.co.uk/2022/10/20/engl...who-are-they-and-where-are-they-now-17593872/

Last edited:

Jamie jackson

Jamie Jackson 💋
Diamond Member
Oh no!!!! Icq was one of the first online instant messaging systems, responsible for a huge number of internet affairs and marriage break up's 🤣 🤣 🤣
Oh wow, tinder before tinder lol

doob

Legend Member
  • Beethoven's
  • Pinnochio's
  • Gobbles
  • Mangoes
  • F. Scotts
  • Tarantella's
  • Jule's
  • Steve's
  • The Silver Slipper

All the above are nightclubs and a pub of the '80s in Perth. Steve's was around since the '40s. I think Mangoes in Murray Street was where you'd go to score mature women on the prowl. It's now an AMP I think with a different name of course.

Terminator

Silver Member
  • Beethoven's
  • Pinnochio's
  • Gobbles
  • Mangoes
  • F. Scotts
  • Tarantella's
  • Jule's
  • Steve's
  • The Silver Slipper

All the above are nightclubs and a pub of the '80s in Perth. Steve's was around since the '40s. I think Mangoes in Murray Street was where you'd go to score mature women on the prowl. It's now an AMP I think with a different name of course.
Omg , I remember the first five but not the others lol

doob

Legend Member
Well I guess that’s the equivalence to saying they need a paper bag on their head lol
So I go to the chemist's to get some condoms. Find a pack, take it to the counter.
He takes my cash and asks; "Would you like a paper bag?"
I reply; "No thanks, she's not that ugly!"

doob

Legend Member
Looking at these, everyone would mistakenly think I'm older than the pyramids!
1713619841090.png