• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Spiderman

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Toon Hoon Flasher

I have had a request for some Spidey, so here's some sticky stuff...

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Toon Hoon Flasher

Pre-production planning for Spider-Man actually began in 1986 by Cannon Films. Later, Cannon sold the production rights to Carolco Pictures. Carolco would later sell the production rights to Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. Sony and Marvel produced the Spider-Man film we see today, released through Sony's Columbia Pictures division.

T

Toon Hoon Flasher

USA Today had expected its logo to appear in Spider-Man, replacing one on a billboard in Times Square. "But a legal web proved to be a snag," it said, after Sherwood 48 Associates, the owner of the billboard sued the studio. (The USA Today logo was seen on the billboard in the trailers and commercials for the movie.)

T

Toon Hoon Flasher

The scene at Columbia University was filmed on an unseasonably warm spring day, however, the costume department had provided the high school extras with cold-weather clothing. The real Columbia University students can be seen in the background wearing shorts and t-shirts by contrast.

T

Toon Hoon Flasher

Several Spider-Man costumes were created at a cost of up to $100,000 each. Four were stolen from the set in early April of 2001 and Columbia Pictures posted a $25,000 reward for their return. The costumes were not returned.

T

Toon Hoon Flasher

The original trailer for the movie depicted a theft of a bank, with the robbers making a getaway in a helicopter. A close-up of the helicopter was shown, until the helicopter stopped, apparently caught in mid-air. As the camera zoomed out, it was shown that the helicopter was caught in a spider web, suspended between the two towers of the World Trade Center. After the attacks on the towers 11 September 2001, however, the trailer was changed.

The World Trade Center Towers can be seen in the background of some scenes and once in the reflection of Spider-Man's eye. The makers of the film chose not to remove them digitally.

T

Toon Hoon Flasher

In the comics, Peter Parker designed and made Spider-Man's synthetic spider web and the mechanical wrist guns that fire it. In the movie he shoots the web from his own body.

T

Toon Hoon Flasher

The wrestler Peter fights is named Bonesaw.

T

Toon Hoon Flasher

During the ending credits, the theme of the original Spider-Man animated series is played.

T

Toon Hoon Flasher

I'm not familiar with Spiderwoman but there's plenty of art so I guess she exists:

waxenboy

Foundation Member
Well done toon they are great.I saw a early spiderman movie when i was a young boy at the drive in.:hello:
The spiderman shows i saw at the drive in's mustve been the tv shows done in the 70's because i saw mad max in 79 and i had seen these spiderman show's earlier than that.

Last edited:
T

Toon Hoon Flasher

One of Peter's sketches for possible costume ideas is nearly identical to the black-and-white suit Spider-Man wore in the comics during the early-to-mid-1980s (which would eventually become the costume for Venom), except that the spider insignia is red, not white. Peter's note on this sketch: "Needs more color."

T

Toon Hoon Flasher

When Peter Parker browses through several newspapers looking for a used car, one of the ads shown is for an Alfa Romeo convertible: that model was marketed in Italy under the name Spider.

T

Toon Hoon Flasher

Why does Spiderman like computers so much?

Because he likes to search the world wide web!

T

Toon Hoon Flasher

Why is Superman stupid?
Because he wears his underwear over his pants.

Why is Batman more stupid?
Because he wears his underwear over his pants and puts on a belt over his underwear.

Why is Robin even more stupid?
Because he followed what batman did.

Why is Wonder Woman stupid?
Because she wears a belt on her head.

Why is Spiderman the most stupid superhero of them all?
Because he wears his underwear over his head.

T

Toon Hoon Flasher

The Reason Not To Tell Comic Book Collectors Superhero Jokes

"Hey Sam, you like superheroes?" Diana inquired. I should say I do. I buy around forty dollars worth of comics a week.

"Yeah," I said. Diana had me interested. She's not the type to bring up superheroes.

"Wanna hear a joke then?" she asked.

"Sure," I replied.

"Okay. Superman is flying around with nothing to do and he's bored so he decides he wants to go out for a beer so he goes to Batman's house..."

"Do you mean Wayne Manor or the Batcave?" I queried.

"What difference does it make?" Diana said, annoyed that I had interrupted.

"Well, if Superman was seen going into Wayne Manor it would be suspicious and he might give away Batman's secret identity as Bruce Wayne so he would more likely go to the Batcave - but that's a cave, not a house".

"Okay. Superman goes to the Batcave."

"Okay," I agreed.

"So he asks Batman if he wants to go out for a drink, but Batman says he can't because he has to stay home and feed his bats," Diana continued.

"Why does Batman need to feed the bats in the Batcave?" I asked. "That seems like a waste of time. Does he not have better things to do? It's not like they are pets or anything. Why can't they catch their own dinner like normal bats?"

"That's not the point - alright? He just can't go with Superman because he's busy," Diana retorted.

"Fine," I sighed, "Batman needs to feed the bats. Go on..."

"Alright. So Superman leaves and he goes to Spiderman's house to ask him if he wants to go out for a beer."

"Ummmmm... Diana..." I interrupted.

"What now?" Diana sighed.

"What is Spiderman doing in this story?" I inquired.

"What do you mean?" Diana said in an annoyed voice.

"Well, technically it's impossible for Superman to go and ask Spiderman out for a drink because Superman lives in the DC Universe and Spiderman lives in the Marvel Universe. I mean Superman could ask Green Lantern or Aquaman or the Flash out for a drink, and Spiderman could go for a drink with Captain America and Wolverine but unless Superman went through some weird portal, or unless he was in the midst of a giant cross company event, which is rather unlikely considering that they are just going out for a beer, it's pretty much impossible for Spiderman and Superman to go for a beer. You know what I mean?"

Diana clearly didn't. I didn't want to explain again.>s he not have better things to do? It's not like they are pets or anything. Why can't they catch their own dinner like normal bats?"

"That's not the point - alright? He just can't go with Superman because he's busy," Diana retorted.

"Fine," I sighed, "Batman needs to feed the bats. Go on..."

"Alright. So Superman leaves and he goes to Spiderman's house to ask him if he wants to go out for a beer."

"Ummmmm... Diana..." I interrupted.

"What now?" Diana sighed.

"What is Spiderman doing in this story?" I inquired.

"What do you mean?" Diana said in an annoyed voice.

"Well, technically it's impossible for Superman to go and ask Spiderman out for a drink because Superman lives in the DC Universe and Spiderman lives in the Marvel Universe. I mean Superman could ask Green Lantern or Aquaman or the Flash out for a drink, and Spiderman could go for a drink with Captain America and Wolverine but unless Superman went through some weird portal, or unless he was in the midst of a giant cross company event, which is rather unlikely considering that they are just going out for a beer, it's pretty much impossible for Spiderman and Superman to go for a beer. You know what I mean?"

Diana clearly didn't. I didn't want to explain again.

"Never mind. Superman goes to Spiderman's house to ask if he wants to go for a beer," I said.

"Okay. Yeah. But Spiderman said he couldn't because he had to stay home and feed his spiders."

"Hold on a second," I exclaimed, "can you explain to me exactly why Spiderman has spiders?"

"That's not important," Diana stated.

"But it doesn't make sense!" I continued anyways, "Spiderman doesn't keep spiders around. Why would he? And besides, Aunt May and MJ wouldn't put up with that kind of crap even if he wanted to."

Diana glared at me.

"Okay, okay - Spiderman had to feed his spiders."

"Can I go on?" she asked.

"Sure," I replied.

"So Superman leaves and he's flying around and he sees Wonder Woman lying naked on the beach."

"Why would Superman be interested in that?" I questioned her.

"Because he's a man," Diana replied, thinking that she had the better of me this time.

"Well," I replied, "I'm sure if Superman really wanted to see Wonder Woman naked he could have done it lots of times at any Justice League meeting by just using his x-ray vision."

Diana sighed. "Okay - well Wonder Woman is having sex on the beach with the InvisiblCBR>
"Never mind. Superman goes to Spiderman's house to ask if he wants to go for a beer," I said.

"Okay. Yeah. But Spiderman said he couldn't because he had to stay home and feed his spiders."

"Hold on a second," I exclaimed, "can you explain to me exactly why Spiderman has spiders?"

"That's not important," Diana stated.

"But it doesn't make sense!" I continued anyways, "Spiderman doesn't keep spiders around. Why would he? And besides, Aunt May and MJ wouldn't put up with that kind of crap even if he wanted to."

Diana glared at me.

"Okay, okay - Spiderman had to feed his spiders."

"Can I go on?" she asked.

"Sure," I replied.

"So Superman leaves and he's flying around and he sees Wonder Woman lying naked on the beach."

"Why would Superman be interested in that?" I questioned her.

"Because he's a man," Diana replied, thinking that she had the better of me this time.

"Well," I replied, "I'm sure if Superman really wanted to see Wonder Woman naked he could have done it lots of times at any Justice League meeting by just using his x-ray vision."

Diana sighed. "Okay - well Wonder Woman is having sex on the beach with the Invisible Man."

"Okay this is just getting ridiculous..." I moaned. "The Invisible Man is a fictional character in a book by H.G. Wells. He's not even a comic book character, unless you include the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen but I don't think that counts in the current DC Universe. I'll have to look that one up... I mean, I guess she could be having sex with Invisible Kid from the Legion of the Superheroes but he's from the future - which means that's pretty much impossible. I mean, if they are still in that loopy cross company event Wonder Woman might be having sex with Invisible Woman from the Fantastic Four. Hey... what kind of joke is this anyways?" I asked.

"Forget it," Diana said finally fed up. She never did tell me the punch line.

T

Toon Hoon Flasher

Still working on it!

waxenboy

Foundation Member
They look hot the women dressed as spiderman very sexy indeed:headbang:
Well done again toon your doing a great job in getting all these toons:hello:

Status
Not open for further replies.