• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Spending too much time at the gym?

R

ross89

Yep, there's a big difference between roid raging body builder and someone who trains 5 or 6 days a week to remain fit, strong and healthy. There's a few girls (complete with headphones and a muscleworx singlet to complete the look) smashing the weights at my gym and i must admit i find it a bit off putting.

Curls get the girls but :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshi Langtrees

Gold Member
o-WOMEN-WORKING-OUT-GYM-facebook.jpg

honestman

Gold Member
I really don't think girls in the gym mind being admired in the mirrors. Colour coded (shoes with nails etc), the latest gear from the Lorna Jane catalogue and makeup suggests girls put a lot of thought into looking the part.

Agree.

No offense as personal fact - throughout the many years of me frequenting across several gyms (Zest, FF (here and Sydney), Gold's (whilst on holiday in Malaysia) and now Snap) - late mornings, days, evenings - I've seen too many good lookers on the threadmills & ellip's for just 15 minutes before seeing them heading out the door again. No workout whatsoever.

With average 95% of daily members being male it does make you somewhat wonder who's actually doing more work.

R

ross89

Agree.

No offense as personal fact - throughout the many years of me frequenting across several gyms (Zest, FF (here and Sydney), Gold's (whilst on holiday in Malaysia) and now Snap) - late mornings, days, evenings - I've seen too many good lookers on the threadmills & ellip's for just 15 minutes before seeing them heading out the door again. No workout whatsoever.

Certainly agree but to be fair, heaps of guys do SFA as we. Few bicep flexes in the mirror and talk protein shakes with their mates.

95% of the time the squat racks go unused lol.

What "program" do you do? Just usual splits or something different? I try and get in 2 or 3 days of cardio (rowing, bike, boxing mixed in with burpees and pullups etc) with 3 weight sessions a week but thinking about a change. I'd love to join a crossfit gym but its money i cant justify.

honestman

Gold Member
What "program" do you do? Just usual splits or something different? I try and get in 2 or 3 days of cardio (rowing, bike, boxing mixed in with burpees and pullups etc) with 3 weight sessions a week but thinking about a change. I'd love to join a crossfit gym but its money i cant justify.

I am entirely split based. No whole body / compounds. 6x a week training (5x split routines and one day on calistechnics - just 45 mins on these is a trainwreck trust me). Just recently got back tonight from legs (twice each week) + biceps.

IMO - if you want to do crossfit because of its' idea of marrying between endurance & strength - you can pretty much do what I do - do your usual weight training routines but really add supersets & dropsets or side-addon exercise/s to your existing major sets. Start each and every workout day with a brief intense sprint. And have one day (or two if you're insane) - doing nothing but calistechnics.

Yes, those crossfit gyms and "strong man" lifts coaches and fields are expensive. I do have a lot of respect and recommend the strengthcamp youtube channel (Elliot Hulse) to literally everyone ...but from my experience - you don't have to flip tyres or deadlift twice your weight just to be like them.

I've seen far too many bros with their 100kg+ benches for 2 or 3 reps. Sure that's better than me and beyond what my rotator cuffs can allow but I approach every training day/s with logic - if you think you can add that extra bit of set/s, anything related to the muscle group you're working on the day - then that to me is more productive. And more importantly - just as intense than doing 2 or 3 max failure reps and call it a day.

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
I have been a gym member for years. My two most important rules are 1) sometimes less is more (after going to the gym up 6 times a week in the past I realised that my workout routine is more efficient and more fun when I only go 3 to 4 times a week. Body needs rest.)
2) including my whole body in the work out routine instead of being obsessed with only one certain type of exercise.........again more fun and far better results.

You gotta' love the gym :D

R

ross89

I do have a lot of respect and recommend the strengthcamp youtube channel (Elliot Hulse) to literally everyone ...

I was actually youtubing The Rock workouts (focus!!) and the hodge twins (gotta love them!) videos and came across his stuff last week.

Many guys could learn a lot from watching his vids. Bit of broscience but geney good advice

I'm split based mon / wed / fri but i don't feel im doing enough squats so i'm thinking of a change up for a few months. When i was squatting 2-3 times a week i was at my healthiest, strongest and i felt incredible.