Sliding Doors?

English Rose

BBW English Rose Massage
Gold Member
Does anyone ever wish they had done something different in life, maybe change the path they are on now?

About 10 years ago I met a man for a drink from some dating site. We got on so well, he told me he was 47, I knew he was a lot older (i've never been fussed about age). Anyway, some time later he asked me a question and I guess at the time I just wanted to spend as much time as possible with my now late Mum, enjoy time out with friends and work (at the time i'd just come out of a long marriage and I didn't want to be someone else's property, so to speak).. "J" asked me to become his mistress (a kept woman) at the time I wasn't ready, too late to be ready now. My regret from that "relationship" was losing a really great friend. I do hope he's still living life to the full.

CraftyBear

Silver Member
Does anyone ever wish they had done something different in life, maybe change the path they are on now?

About 10 years ago I met a man for a drink from some dating site. We got on so well, he told me he was 47, I knew he was a lot older (i've never been fussed about age). Anyway, some time later he asked me a question and I guess at the time I just wanted to spend as much time as possible with my now late Mum, enjoy time out with friends and work (at the time i'd just come out of a long marriage and I didn't want to be someone else's property, so to speak).. "J" asked me to become his mistress (a kept woman) at the time I wasn't ready, too late to be ready now. My regret from that "relationship" was losing a really great friend. I do hope he's still living life to the full.
I'm sure we all wish that we could change some decisions we have made in our lives Rose. I'm quite accustomed to saying "If I knew then, what I know now..." However as a wise old guy once said to me, the only thing you should look back into is your rear vision mirror.

English Rose

BBW English Rose Massage
Gold Member
I'm sure we all wish that we could change some decisions we have made in our lives Rose. I'm quite accustomed to saying "If I knew then, what I know now..." However as a wise old guy once said to me, the only thing you should look back into is your rear vision mirror.
Very good answer x

English Rose

BBW English Rose Massage
Gold Member
Is that the only regret or do you wish you'd taken him up on the offer?

At the time I wasn't ready and yes over the years i've regretted not taking up the offer because I would have been well cared for but I do honestly miss the gentleman and his friendship.
"J" would be in his 70's now and I do hope he's still around.

T

Tania Admin

I regret not buying up property when I was earning big money when I started in the industry. Especially in a few specific suburbs (which are very sort after these days) I could have bought a house every fortnight .
But then my life wouldn't have led me to learn the lessons I did, to make the great friends I have, I most likely wouldn't have been involved with my ex and would have missed out on my 3 awesome children and finally I very likely would never have met @NaughtyThoughts my awesome husband.
Rather than live with regret, living everyday and looking at all the good things that have happened along your timeline, are 100% what life is about 🙂

English Rose

BBW English Rose Massage
Gold Member
I regret not buying up property when I was earning big money when I started in the industry. Especially in a few specific suburbs (which are very sort after these days) I could have bought a house every fortnight .
But then my life wouldn't have led me to learn the lessons I did, to make the great friends I have, I most likely wouldn't have been involved with my ex and would have missed out on my 3 awesome children and finally I very likely would never have met @NaughtyThoughts my awesome husband.
Rather than live with regret, living everyday and looking at all the good things that have happened along your timeline, are 100% what life is about 🙂
That's brilliant Tania. I love the way how our paths change for the better. Thank you for sharing x