Sleeping on the streets...

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Anybody see the article about the CEO`s of some big companys roughing it in the city for the night to try and raise some funds for the homeless??

Good on them for doing so but how bad did they really have it?

One night??? How is that a real indication?, They were actually given a nice clean piece of cardboard with sleeping bag and when told they had to find their own place to spend the night, somehow they all seemed to end up at the WACA.
What time of day did their expereince start?
Did they wake up and go without any food until some kind person decided to give them some?
Did they have to join the queue for hours at Centrelink only to be told no help was available?
Did they have to carry their own bit of cardboard thru the city??
Did they have to put up with snide remarks by some uncaring people?
Did they have a security guard shine a torch in their eyes and tell them to move on??

How much was done just for the camera???

Let me make them an offer...

Let`s see them exchange lifestyles including their income with a homeless person not just for one night but for one month.

bushseeker

Foundation Member
last I checked government benifits were well and truly more than enough to prevent most from sleeping on the street becauseof anything else other than choice

been plenty of articles about it lately mostly pointing to it being a choice thing rather than necesity

Miss Delights

Diamond Member
Oh for crap sakes Billy!! It was for a message! We all walk for cancer & what the f*#@ does that do?? huh? At least they left they're penthouses for one night in show of a good cause! What did you do??? Good on them i reckon, may not be much but every little bit counts..

Last edited:

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
They did it for one night... one night only...

What did I do???
Well, it`s actually what I do...

When I do get the chance which is not that often at the moment but used to be every friday night.
I help in a soup kitchen and have done for a long time...

Miss Delights

Diamond Member
They did it for one night... one night only...

What did I do???
Well, it`s actually what I do...

When I do get the chance which is not that often at the moment but used to be every friday night.
I help in a soup kitchen and have done for a long time...

That's awesome as every bit counts!! To take a few minutes out of our days to do something as you said It's not easy to make time....Now how would you like me to do a thread with lots of !!!!!!!!! about how all you do is help out at a soup kitchen & be ungrateful?? Not nice hey!

I love your threads Billy but I think its time you got laid or had a wank or something?? They seem to be grumpier & grumpier? Give me something to make me smile babe please???

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Ok... Had my wank and now I`m going to transform myself into Positive Billy...

Keep an eye out for happy posts..

B

BigBlackCock

Well, if not for the CEOs doing it, the media attention wouldn't be there. It has helped raise conciousness about the issue which people don't normally think about.

There are many people in the Western, Northern, Eastern, Southern suburbs, country towns who've never thought about this issue. Secondly, until you've actually done it - you can empathize but nothing beats the actual thing. Kevin Rudd's first few words was that "it was a very, uncomfortable night" or words to that effect.

Finally, by sleeping out in the open (WACA) or otherwise - they did raise $14 MILLION towards the cause of homeless and emergency shelters. And that's a lot more then I could ever donate.

F

Farm Boy

Ok... Had my wank and now I`m going to transform myself into Positive Billy...

Keep an eye out for happy posts..

Hay Bill tell me if I am wrong but did I give you that same bit of advice some time ago?

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Yeah.... and I should have listened.

Not only am I going to become Positive Billy but I`m also thinking of going upmarket and instead of having polony I might spoil myself a little and start to eat some sandwich ham.

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Being a Gemini, I wonder if I should seek permission to be able to have 2 usernames...

Billybones for when I want to be grumpy and Positive Billy when I want to share some smiles...

Miss Delights

Diamond Member
Well, if not for the CEOs doing it, the media attention wouldn't be there. It has helped raise conciousness about the issue which people don't normally think about.

There are many people in the Western, Northern, Eastern, Southern suburbs, country towns who've never thought about this issue. Secondly, until you've actually done it - you can empathize but nothing beats the actual thing. Kevin Rudd's first few words was that "it was a very, uncomfortable night" or words to that effect.

Finally, by sleeping out in the open (WACA) or otherwise - they did raise $14 MILLION towards the cause of homeless and emergency shelters. And that's a lot more then I could ever donate.

Pretty awesome hey! I just hope that the money is divided up fairly between the different agencies...There is more than one cause for a problem so there should be more than one solution... Thanks for your post BBC:headbang::notworthy

Last edited:

Miss Delights

Diamond Member
Being a Gemini, I wonder if I should seek permission to be able to have 2 usernames...

Billybones for when I want to be grumpy and Positive Billy when I want to share some smiles...

No need honey we love you for the schizophrenic that you truely are...& we always will LOL xxxooo
:icon_boun :happy7: :angryfire :happy7: :angryfire :happy7: :angry4: :happy7: :angry4: :brave: :laughing4 :love10:

The Leader

Bronze Member
Its very different when you have to do it for many days and you just can't get back into your Ferrari afterwards.
Its only worthwhile if they do something afterwards to help.

lonelyman

Gold Member

This poster did point out that they're doing something.