• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Sentimental Value. I Cut Off My Wedding Ring. What are you attached too?

T

Tania Admin

The other night I woke to my ring finger being a little itchy. I didn't think to much of it until it started tingling. I turned the light on and I had been bitten by something and my finger was swelling up fast.

So I trekked out to the shed and found my metal cutters and cut off my wedding ring.

Surprisingly I was not as upset as I thought I would be. It was either lose my finger or cut the ring off.
Don't get me wrong. I love @Naughty Thoughts with all my heart but he is a part of me and the ring is replaceable/can be repaired.

Go back 4 weeks ago though and a bear NT had given me as a gift was attacked by my pup. The silly dog chewed up the heart that NT had hand made and stitched onto the bear. I was devastated :(

Isn't It strange how something like my ring was not distressing but the chewed up teddy heart had me in tears.

What are you attached too that is extremely sentimental?

Have you ever lost or had destroyed/broken something that broke your heart due to its sentimentality?

Harlots_Bec

Harlots Mackay
Legend Member
On Sunday I had to put my 2 1/2 year old cat down. I was emotionally attached to that animal, as he was the last thing I gave to my Dad before he passed away in 2017, so I always felt I still had that connection with my dad. Having to put my cat down was absolutely devastating beyond words as I feel I have lost my Dad all over again.

Last edited:
T

Tania Admin

On Sunday I had to put my 2 1/2 year old cat down. I was emotionally attached to that animal, as he was the last thing I gave to my Dad before he passed away in 2017, so I always felt I still had that connection with my dad. Having to put my cat down was absolutely devastating beyond words as I feel I have lost my Dad all over again.
Aaaaw babe. That's heart breaking. And that is so young for a cat to need to see the rainbow.

So sorry about the loss of your dad (some wounds never heal) and of your fur baby.