SAS Hero loses case in court

Status
Not open for further replies.

doob

Legend Member
Ben Roberts-Smith has lost his case in court. He's either a murderer or a war hero tarnished by enemies. I don't know how the judge determined Channel 9 had proven their case. Interesting times ahead.

WildBrumby

Just A Former Rider In This Online Rodeo
Legend Member
I could write volumes on this but enough to say I'm deeply disappointed with the outcome.

Last edited:

WildBrumby

Just A Former Rider In This Online Rodeo
Legend Member
If you are a veteran in need of support these links may be of some guidance:

LongHair

Legend Member
I could write a volumes on this but enough to say I'm deeply disappointed with the outcome.
I for one would like to hear your thoughts, however I understand the sensitivy of this case and how public perspective can easily be skewed, so I respect your public restraint.
However if you feel the need to share feel free to DM me.

Smoggy

Foundation Member
It was a defamation case not a criminal case so much less proof required to reach this result. The outcome is upsetting especially those of us from WA who are proud the SAS call Perth home with the caveat that this was a defamation case. There have been suggestions of cultural issues within the SAS previously including their rivalry with 2 Commando. No winners here but when the chips are down these are the people risking their lives to protect us. Keyboard warriors like myself cant imagine the horrors they endure. We can only support them and all our veterans as best we can.

James3006

Gold Member
Whatever folks say of the man it will be men like him that will be fighting to the very end for Australia when the Chinese are knocking on our door while the rest will be cowering like scared fuckin rabbits. Most folks don’t know what it’s like to be in the army let alone be on the frontline. Ben was outstanding in the field and a legend.

doob

Legend Member
I feel sorry for Roberts-Smith but I do have to wonder about the jealousy theory he spoke of because of the VC award. The other SAS soldier who got it never had any allegations about him. Surely people would have been equally jealous, no?

stovo82

Diamond Member
^You condone that thug's war crimes? Shame on you. He is a war criminal and he should be stripped of his medals and erased from history. Ben Roberts-Smith represents everything that is wrong with Australian society.

Last edited:

stovo82

Diamond Member
Chinese knocking on our door? Why are Chinese considered the enemy in the first place?
Chinese are not the problem. Racism is the problem with Australia. I hope the Voice gets up and Australia heads towards social progress. The days of being a colonial outpost are long gone and we must embrace social progress and Wokeism.

Status
Not open for further replies.