• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Miss Delights

Diamond Member
Hiya all..I am soo ill with the worst cold & I am in desperate need of some remedies to cure me as I am not really into the whole chemist thing..& I really don't want to infect any of my girls or clients..
Any help would be muchly appriciated

I

Iamhavesomefun

I might try and get in first with the ussuals, rest, lots of fluids and try those vit c, garlic, c and horse radish vitamins. (one of those are missing think the zinc) otherwise if you are game can try Asian remedies like cupping or coining those will help ya feel better. But you might get some odd looks from the bruises left behind lol

svengali

Foundation Member
Only two ways to deal with a cold:

1) Take every pill or medicine known to science and suffer for 2 weeks.

2) Soldier on as best you can and let nature take its course and suffer for 14 days.

I usually use No.2, mainly because it is cheaper.

I

Iamhavesomefun

Only two ways to deal with a cold:

1) Take every pill or medicine known to science and suffer for 2 weeks.

2) Soldier on as best you can and let nature take its course and suffer for 14 days.

I usually use No.2, mainly because it is cheaper.

If it's just a simply cold you can get away with it. Anything worse might need a script of antibiotics. Takin some codralis good but. Will make you betterfor when you need to then you can go crash back in bed and rest

Happy2

Legend Member
Sorry but once you have a cold or worse the flu, there is nothing you can do but
(As svengali said ) suffer and soldier on The line about antibiotics is of no help as both diseases are viral. It is a shame that we seem to want antibiotics for everything No wonder they are running out of puff
As said before get Codral or the natural alternatives if you think they work and deal with the symptoms and be a trooper

A

AlexandraSilk

Svengali, I strongly disagree. When boosting the body's immune system with the right nutrients it will ALWAYS reduce the severity and duration of a cold. None of my colds ever last 14 days.

svengali

Foundation Member
Svengali, I strongly disagree. When boosting the body's immune system with the right nutrients it will ALWAYS reduce the severity and duration of a cold. None of my colds ever last 14 days.

Hi Alex,

Yes, keeping yourself generally healthy, eating well and getting enough sleep keep your immune system on its toes and that is what is going to deal with the invaders. Ever noticed that a cold usually strikes when you are feeling rundown and tired? Pills and potions, even old-fashioned cough medicine can help relieve symptoms but the fight will only be won by the "soldiers".

My 14 day timetable runs pretty well from first sniffle to last with, usually, only a couple of really bad days but, like everything to do with people, it is variable.

H

Hardwood

Short answer - there is NO cure for the common cold, however, there are heaps of cold remedies that claim to make you feel better faster.

But what about chicken soup? There's no real proof that eating it can cure a cold, but sick people have been swearing by it for more than 800 years. Why? Chicken soup contains a mucus-thinning amino acid called cysteine, and some research shows that chicken soup helps control congestion-causing white cells, called neutrophils.

Let me know how you go. I, too suddenly feel a bout of the sniffles coming on.

C

callgirl

+1 i agree with keeping yourself healthy. 2 years ago i was trying to lose 10kgs since i gained 10kgs. I was on a low calorie diet 1,000 calories per day. pretty much all i ate was green veggies. No meat, sugar, salt. Just veggies and low calories.

Anyway i caught the flu and it was the worst flu i ever got in my life. i felt like it was the big bird flu. I had fevers, headaches everyday for 2 weeks and a bad cough which then turned into bronchitis after the flu ended. I never been so sick in my life. I honestly put it down to me not really looking after myself and that i was Unhealthy at the time because of my diet and trying to lose weight the unhealthy way.