Not open for further replies.
H

hilly

If you are on your own be careful.
The price of helping others can be high but rewarding
with busted glasses bloody nose and a black eye
in a bag snach by two young boys on a little old lady
and to see her go home with her pension still in her bag
she was happy, was glad to help and would do it again.
so be carefull when going shopping alone.
going in to hide-ing to recover little bit sore.
----hilly----

sioxie

Foundation Member
Hilly how coincidental there was an article in todays west abt the same thing whether to help people when they were being injured/attacked or to stay clear and turn a blind eye.....

Hope u are ok mate xx

N

naughtybuttnice

A good Samaratin

You are a champion Hilly...Well done...You might be paying for helping out now...But the little old lady still has her pension and doesn't that make you feel good...Rest up...Next time I go out shopping I might have to call on you...XX

M

Mary Anne PA

well done Hilly for having the guts to help, even though you are paying the price.

Too many people turn a blind eye nowadays whilst bad things happen to others. What happens when it happens to you one day, same thing?
It's a sad world and not a very safe one nowadays, so always be aware of your surroundings and what is around you when getting in or out of the car, unlocking your front door, keeping doors locked when answering the bell, be aware at traffic lights, and also windows down even when going into a drive in take a way as well.
When I am to feeble to protect myself, I will be carrying a belt bag.... lol... oh and of course, pepper spray.
I'm sure she is very thankful to still have her pension, we should always watch out for the elderly in any way we can ensuring something can be done in some way to stop any crime even if it is screaming your head off, ramming your car into them..lol something, but it also can be hard as now they don't care what they do to people.
take care Hilly and get better quickly.

M

minimel

its sad to think of how much that perth has changed, even in the last 15 or so years (perhaps even a smaller time frame too). when our house alarm used to go off, you knew you could rely on a neighbor, or someone in the vicinity to come to your rescue.. not anymore.
ppl are too scared of the repercussions.. what happens if you help the victim being attacked, in turn hurting the assailant, and then you get in trouble for it?
one of my boyfs mates was out with his brother one night when they saw a girl getting beaten up by her partner.. they stepped in to help her out, and she turned on them.. consequently, both of the good samaritans, got stabbed and beaten up themselves and charged with aggrivated assault... its a total joke.
but at the end of the day, i know that if i see someone in need, i will help them out.. ive done it before and i know that i would do it again.
good on ya hilly for standing up for the littler person.. i hope karma comes around good and fast for those two little butt wipes

O

Oscar

Good on you Hilly!!Hope you feel better soon.We'll have to get you a couple or three drinks to take away the ache!! :headbang: :hello:

princesssuzie

Foundation Member
Hi Hilly

You're truly one of a kind and I'm sure you could do with that massage right about now.

I thank you personally for helping out that little old lady as she could have been someone I care for each and every day and I think of the elderly as my own grandparents.

You're really a gentleman.

SGS

sioxie

Foundation Member
not all help as u did hilly

Not many people know this but 18 months ago i was beaten severely in front of a crowd of more than one thousand people by an ex boyfriend....... not one person came to my aid......he had me by the throat and tried to strangle me and then dragged me by the hair for 300 metres they all stood by and watched and most of the crowd ( as it was a motorsport meeting and mostly men) came to my aid despite my pleas for help......they all came up to me afterwards and offered assistance some even had VIDEOTAPED it and said i could use it as evidence!!!!!!

i mean im not a big girl i am not really able to defend myself that well but they all chose to ignore what was going on coz they didnt want to get involved..........so hilly i give my thanks to people like u who do care and do give a damn xxx

waxenboy

Foundation Member
Well Done

Well done hilly you are a hero.Im a young person so to speak and i admire you for what you have done those young pricks(sorry about the langauge) need a good flogging we should get hold of them and take them up to the club and deal with them see how they would like it.They should remember one day they will grow old and who is going to help them. So well done sir from all of us here. :hello:

sioxie

Foundation Member
Hilly u are a brave person i give my thanks to people like u who do care and do give a damn xxx[/QUOTE]

J

Just_for_fun

Well done Hilly

Well done Hilly,

Im sure someone, somewhere is looking down on you and thanking you for what you did....As everyone has said not to many people these days take the time to help others..

You need a big hug for what you did....

T :angel1: :angel12:

F

Floyd

PRIVATE health insurance

Well done Hilly. If there's any justice in this world you'll be able to claim your 'recuperative' costs at LPs on health insurance. :3some:

My god Sioxie - that's an horrific experience. I hope your fully recovered and staying safe from that sick bastard.

Floyd

sioxie said:
Not many people know this but 18 months ago i was beaten severely in front of a crowd of more than one thousand people by an ex boyfriend....... not one person came to my aid......he had me by the throat and tried to strangle me and then dragged me by the hair for 300 metres they all stood by and watched and most of the crowd ( as it was a motorsport meeting and mostly men) came to my aid despite my pleas for help......they all came up to me afterwards and offered assistance some even had VIDEOTAPED it and said i could use it as evidence!!!!!!

i mean im not a big girl i am not really able to defend myself that well but they all chose to ignore what was going on coz they didnt want to get involved..........so hilly i give my thanks to people like u who do care and do give a damn xxx

C

cli-max

Well Done Hilleeeeeeeeeeee

It's not the first time i've said it Hilly, I'm proud of you! :headbang:
Y'know, there's something about men of 'yesterday'. I'm NOT saying that most guys wouldn't have come to the ladies aid, but things were different years ago. I mean, he just wasn't a man if he stood by and watched.

For a crowd of people to stand by and gawk - like it's entertainment - at a female being attacked, just wouldn't have happened!

I have actually seen a guy stopping a bloke from bashing a woman, and then the both of them turned on him for his efforts. He was seriosly hurt.
It's drunken idiots like this that make a man think twice about getting involved - sometimes.

I take my hat off to you Hilly my friend. :icon_boun
xx Max :angel1:

C

cli-max

And By The Way.............

My elderly Mum used to do the Salvo collection in hotels on a Friday night. She had done it for many years and was well known by the patrons. It was always 'G'day Maureen, bring us ya tin luv' Note i said USED to!

When she was going back to the carpark, a couple of guys grabbed her bag and threw her to the ground on the bitumen. ( Mum has osteo-arthritis of the hip and is on the waiting list for a replacement op )
I won't tell you what the young bouncers DID to one of those guys when they caught up to him! :angry1:

P

POCKETROCKET

Do Unto Others

What more ca be said...it should be well done hilly and by no means am i not proud of you...but really isnt it just a case of doing what you would expect of fellow humans and that if the situation was reversed then someone would do the same for you...i am a strong believer of what you do to others whether good or bad will come back to you one day...so no matter how big or small your effort maybe...giving someone at the checkout in front of you the dollar they are short of passing on your parking ticket that still has plenty of time on it....you will not only be rewarded by the good feeling it is to help someone else..but hopefully they may be moved to help someone else one day due to your good deed...one really really cold morning on my way home from work i saw a homeless man asleep in a bus shelter...it was freezing and all i could think about was how could i go to home to my warm bed and eat brekkie in the morning..so i got home made a thermos cup of soup, got some bread and an old double bed doona and headed back to him...with mobile in hand (hubby was worried) i put the soup in his hands the bread in his lap and wrapped the blanket around him...the look on his face was enough to bring tears and i can still see it now...i had the best sleep when i got home and i still look for him every night on my way home from work...good things come to those that deserve it...we get what we deserve and justice will be done....you go hilly and hopefully we have all learned something from hillys unfortunate experience...

take care of yourself
mwah...xx

Status
Not open for further replies.