Pet hates on the road

T

Tania Admin

Grrrrrr, driving into work this morning and sticking to the speed limit, then I come to 2 cars travelling 10km under the speed limit, of course one in the right lane and one in the left,,no way I can over take, and they stayed like this for about 10kms until the person in the left lane turned off, this seriously drives me nuts,,,what the hell are they thinking?? Anyway I've vented now...
What irks you on our roads?

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
When your in the left lane and a car overtakes you, then pulls in front of you just so that they can be the leading car... They tend to then drop 5kph under the speed limit...

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
cant really call this a pet hate,,,more of a dislike or disturbance to the community...your stuck on the freeway, already going 20km/h sometimes 40. You go pass osborne park then theres a sudden extreme slowness to the traffic flow...the stop start kind, u dont even get to do 20km/h or 10 even. Thats for about 1 km...then on the emergency stopping lane, you see a traffic copper there, giving out fine to a bikie...then beyond that point traffic flows like butter. Why oh why...peak hour? come on, thanks for slowing down traffic that are already crawling...are they trying to make up the numbers? for banana's sake, leave peak hour traffic and come back when people are really speeding. lol...

ecchimiki

Gold Member
Agreed, there is a lot of this. The law, which far too many people ignore, is always to stay left UNLESS overtaking. This is one of my pet peeves.

Living down Mandurah way, I'm just so glad for the train line. Since they opened it, I've given up any thought of ever going by car into the city. Shuffle into the car park, find a comfy seat on the train (it's possible at the end stop in Mandurah) plug earphones in and read a good book or go to sleep.

I tried DRIVING all the way to work in the CBD once, but I was so stressed out from idiots on the roads, I vowed never to do that again.

W

WRXXXR

Lots of things shit me on the roads!

- right hand lane hoggers. if you can't drive faster than the other lanes doing 10km less than the limit stay in those lanes.
- tailgaters
- people who can't merge
- slow people
- peak hour traffic.
- people who just can't drive.

Happy2

Legend Member

- right hand lane hoggers. if you can't drive faster than the other lanes doing 10km less than the limit stay in those lanes.
- tailgaters
- people who can't merge
- slow people
- peak hour traffic.

People who cant merge? WR3XR after regular reading of the letters section in the West That is 90%+ of Perth isn't it?

W

WRXXXR

I'd suggest closer to 95% H2!!

I come from the northern suburbs so I get on the freeway up the top and the problems every day are around the merge points.

Major source of rage lol

A

AlexandraSilk

Traveling along the freeway one evening to visit a client, I come upon two vehicles traveling side by side taking up both lanes of traffic. One a truck the other an early model Subaru. Both vehicles speed average 80km's however at times was as low as 70kms. The traffic began to bank up behind. It was terribly frustrating.

Not being a woman to sit there idly and grumble, I tuned into the driving skills I had learned whilst driving in Italy and drove up behind the Subaru with my high beams glaring and my horn blaring. It took a good few minutes, but eventually the truck moved into the left lane freeing up the right lane to allow the traffic to flow smoothly again.

It was my good deed for the day. he he he

Happy2

Legend Member
Re merging WR3XR I rarely drive in Perth But I did take a decent sized truck down to Freo recently I just dont
see the problem Everyone was lovely they let my fully loaded truck merge and change lanes without any hassle
And no it wasn't me in front of you Alexandra Im sure I would remember a angry yet beautiful women in my mirrors

T

Tania Admin

- tailgaters
- people who can't merge
- slow people
- peak hour traffic.

Very definitely,,all of the above aaaarrrgggghhhh they do my head in!!!

Fudd

Foundation Member
I'd suggest closer to 95% H2!!

I come from the northern suburbs so I get on the freeway up the top and the problems every day are around the merge points. Major source of rage lol

....couldn't agree more!!!!....I even saw a goose once stop at the top of the freeway on ramp.....and another who slowed right down in order to merge causing others approaching the merge point having to slam on their brakes....... :nono: :angry4:

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
....couldn't agree more!!!!....I even saw a goose once stop at the top of the freeway on ramp.....and another who slowed right down in order to merge causing others approaching the merge point having to slam on their brakes....... :nono: :angry4:

capital punishment is needed for goose such as this...lol...i mean sure give way to people but dont go out of your way to do it, stopping and causing people to ram up your ass , though is good for some...but others will not enjoy it so much.

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
LOL....good to know that I am not the only one who thinks people in Perth can't merge........reading the posts I would up the % of not-merger in Perth to 99.9% with only a few exceptions.......WRXXXR, Fudd, Talysha, homer and myself plus maybe another 100 not listed individuals.........ohhhhh merging is definitely my favourite pet-hate........closely followed by motorbikes moving fast between the lanes on a packed Kwinana freeway on a Monday morining.

R.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

snug_gles

Bronze Member
Here's one that has me puzzled... perhaps someone can shed some light on this.

Having grown up in Perth and learning to drive here... then moving to Sydney for a couple of years before returning home again... one thing I noticed is that in Sydney... a solid double line means that you can't cross it... even if it means you want to turn into the side street.... there's probably a right hand turn further up.

However, in Perth, everyone just crosses over... is this right? Which of course, the consequence is that you get a long queue building up behind.

Befuddled.

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
Here's one that has me puzzled... perhaps someone can shed some light on this.

Having grown up in Perth and learning to drive here... then moving to Sydney for a couple of years before returning home again... one thing I noticed is that in Sydney... a solid double line means that you can't cross it... even if it means you want to turn into the side street.... there's probably a right hand turn further up.

However, in Perth, everyone just crosses over... is this right? Which of course, the consequence is that you get a long queue building up behind.

Befuddled.

How can you not notice this while you were growing up in Perth? The bedaffled thing is that, double solid lines means cross if it is safe in WA. This is part of brilliant planning by the local govt? lol...And you also notice that where it has a sign saying no U turn, people will defy the law to do it anyway.

Happy2

Legend Member
Double white lines mean whatever you want in Perth as long as there are no wallopers about. Then they mean what the rule book
we all studied to get our license says
Anybody remember their rules from those booklets. Reckon I would fail my theory test very badly if I had to sit for my learners tomorrow