Pain and injury

T

Tania Admin

Ouch! Last night I had the not so pleasure of ripping my finger nail clean off half way up the nail...seriously it canes so much,,I can feel why it would be used as torture. Waaaaaa!

N

Naughty Thoughts

-hugs-

It looks as painful as I'm sure it feels. The nail is gone from halfway down with raw red exposed underneath. Poor Smiley, that's going to be difficult to get right again.

The other reception staff saw what it looks like...

F

Farm Boy

I have to admit I still have a little fear where my bike is concerned, I learnt to ride on a 700 raptor and a 350 Banshee and hammered them,,,and when it was time to buy my bike I watched alot of the action a Lancelin,,especially the drag offs,,the 450's won each time, with a fair gap,,,she has power, thats for sure and after this season I should have the confidence up a bit more,,haven't come off a quad to date,,but I'm steering clear of the 2 wheelers, learnt my lesson after I tore the ligaments off my shoulder,,,it hurt like hell...[/QUOTE

Smiley I will stop being a leg pulling smart arse for one post just to say ,Quad bikes are killers , far safer on a motorcycle if you learn to ride properly and within your limits. With love FB.

Happy2

Legend Member
I am with FB on this one Smiley Qaud bikes are so named as quadraplegia is a all to common outcome of riding four wheelers

B

Bianca

The worst pain i had was in a car accident on the way to work here on Tonkin Highway

T

Tania Admin

I have to admit I still have a little fear where my bike is concerned, I learnt to ride on a 700 raptor and a 350 Banshee and hammered them,,,and when it was time to buy my bike I watched alot of the action a Lancelin,,especially the drag offs,,the 450's won each time, with a fair gap,,,she has power, thats for sure and after this season I should have the confidence up a bit more,,haven't come off a quad to date,,but I'm steering clear of the 2 wheelers, learnt my lesson after I tore the ligaments off my shoulder,,,it hurt like hell...[/QUOTE

Smiley I will stop being a leg pulling smart arse for one post just to say ,Quad bikes are killers , far safer on a motorcycle if you learn to ride properly and within your limits. With love FB.

Thanks FB but no thanks, I get to many injuries on 2 wheels. I will stay a Quad Queen,,every bike, car, quad, speed boat, jet ski, etc has the potential to cause injuries, mild or serious. Everything has risks involved. I try to be careful and wear all the safety gear, and have an awesome time doing it.

Thanks for your concern though.

F

Farm Boy

Ok, Why is it I can come off my dirt bike and laugh my head off despite being black and blue all over, and when I have a splinter in my pinky finger I get tears in my eyes? What is with that?!

This is what the Shearers use to pull lStorksbill seeds (Erodium cicutarium Geranium family )(Geraniaceae)
images.jpg
out there a real bitch

splinter-probe-double-ended-box-of-100.jpg
Medi manager splinter probe 5$ @ your pharmacy

T

Tania Admin

If it was just a splinter I would pull it out,,but I tore my nail right off the nail bed to expose raw, soft, tender, painful flesh :( It still really hurts too. Waaaaaaaa!

I know, I know, eat cement right,,but this really does hurt,,,again waaaaaa! lol

Happy2

Legend Member
Not trying to be sexist But...
The agony of a fingernail Yes very painful But why do women who have had children Probably the ultimate agony Forget about it
i mean my wife (Who was not a swearer) called me some of the vilest things imaginable in the delivery room. 12mnths later She came in all smiles "I am pregnant" I wont say what she called me 8mnths later
As if that pain was all forgotten

T

Tania Admin

I didn't just break a nail, I tore it off,,with child birth it isnt giving birth that hurts, it's the contractions, they go away,,,my finger still hurts Waaaaaa! lol

F

Farm Boy

Thanks FB but no thanks, I get to many injuries on 2 wheels. I will stay a Quad Queen,,every bike, car, quad, speed boat, jet ski, etc has the potential to cause injuries, mild or serious. Everything has risks involved. I try to be careful and wear all the safety gear, and have an awesome time doing it.

Thanks for your concern though.
QUAD bikes have overtaken tractors to become the biggest killer on Australian farms, with young children particularly at risk as parents mistakenly believe four wheels are safer than two.
The bikes now kill twice as many people on farms as tractors, but there are no laws governing their use, such as wearing helmets.

They are the main cause of death of children aged 5 to 14 on farms, the most recent being 13-year-old Molly Lord at Kembla Grange, near Wollongong, 11 days ago.

The federal government is threatening to introduce compulsory safety measures but manufacturers are resisting pressure to install crash protection such as roll bars, arguing they cause more injuries than they prevent.

Twenty-three people died in quad bike accidents last year, and 10 have died so far this year, according to the Australian Centre for Agricultural Health and Safety.

G

Gentleman

QUAD bikes have overtaken tractors to become the biggest killer on Australian farms, with young children particularly at risk as parents mistakenly believe four wheels are safer than two.
The bikes now kill twice as many people on farms as tractors, but there are no laws governing their use, such as wearing helmets.

They are the main cause of death of children aged 5 to 14 on farms, the most recent being 13-year-old Molly Lord at Kembla Grange, near Wollongong, 11 days ago.

The federal government is threatening to introduce compulsory safety measures but manufacturers are resisting pressure to install crash protection such as roll bars, arguing they cause more injuries than they prevent.

Twenty-three people died in quad bike accidents last year, and 10 have died so far this year, according to the Australian Centre for Agricultural Health and Safety.

The manufaturers don't want to add roll bars and the like because of the extra R+D cost that would be involved resulting in the retail price being higher.

Happy2

Legend Member
They dont want to add roll bars etc Because someone will take that as an admission of liability for past injury and death and litigate

F

Farm Boy

They dont want to add roll bars etc Because someone will take that as an admission of liability for past injury and death and litigate

Half of the fatalities are caused by the 300-kilogram bike rolling over and crushing someone; the other half occur when people are flung off the bike and hit their head.

T

Tania Admin

I still love my quad and you won't catch me on 2 wheels, I have to many injuries, I at least have confidence on my quad,,,,yam yam yam...

Happy2

Legend Member
Riders of bikes and quads etc call themselves bikers ,dirt bikers etc
Doctors call you DONORS

F

Farm Boy

That sounds a lot better than waaaaa waaaaa waaaaa! Lol

I will give in Gracefully

30-day refund deal at Polaris
22 Jul, 2012 04:00 AM
FOR the month of July, anyone who buys a new Polaris ATV or side-by-side will have 30 days to try it and, if not satisfied, can return it for a refund.
The deal applies to every new Polaris vehicle, from the Outlaw 50 kids’ quad to the big Ranger six-seat diesel. Even Polaris mowers are included.
Polaris is currently experiencing its eighth straight record sales year and continues to build its Australian customer base.

Do with it what you will, FB

Last edited by a moderator:

Happy2

Legend Member
But they are deadly Coffins on wheels I grant you Poor girl will say more than waaaaa waaaa waaaa one day

G

Gentleman

But they are deadly Coffins on wheels I grant you Poor girl will say more than waaaaa waaaa waaaa one day

I thought she was never going to stop saying waaaa waaaa waaaa when she hurt her little pinky, so imagine what it might be like when she comes off the bike.

N

Naughty Thoughts

I thought she was never going to stop saying waaaa waaaa waaaa when she hurt her little pinky...

Heh, if only you knew. She did more than just hurt it, she ripped about half of the nail clean off. I'd have been on the ground screaming and crying, she just kept working. All the other staff said she ought to have taken a few days off!

Happy2

Legend Member
Heh, if only you knew. She did more than just hurt it, she ripped about half of the nail clean off. I'd have been on the ground screaming and crying, she just kept working. All the other staff said she ought to have taken a few days off!

Good on ya Naughty Thoughts You defend your girl

G

Gentleman

She's one tough lady by the sounds of it.

T

Tania Admin

When I came off my dirt bike (2 wheels) again, (I used to crash on it at least once a week) I tore the ligaments clean off my shoulder, I actually heard them snap when I landed, not a tear was shed, but to word it crassly f#*! it hurt..That's when I decided to give up on the 2 wheels, I kept injuring myself and my bike, so I sold it. I had already been riding quads and without injury. So therefore my choice in a quad bike.

Cars, crossing the road, planes, everything is done with risk, I enjoy riding, it's my thing.

Your opinions have been taken into account (I won't make you ride lol) and I flick mud at the idea of not riding, it clears my mind, pumps my adrenalin and makes me feel totally alive.

And thanks babe (Naughty Thoughts) for sticking up for me. I love you :love1:

F

Farm Boy

Proud of you son your one of these

close_up_knight_on_horse.jpg