Ohhhh what a storm

DeeAnn D

Gold Member
Gee what a storm we had last night I was lucky no damage just a mess outside to clean up, but nothing that a broom and the hose won't fix.

There was a lot of ppl that wasn't as lucky. I had never seen hail that big before thought it would of smashed my windows but they held up.

Hope others on here survived ok..

C

Curious1

2 of my vehicles are Write offs due to the hail. :(

Oh well....shit happens....move on.
This is why we pay insurances.

DeeAnn D

Gold Member
2 of my vehicles are Write offs due to the hail. :(

Oh well....shit happens....move on.
This is why we pay insurances.

No wonder these are the golf ball hail stones that were found at my place last night

Attachments

• hail.jpg
    hail.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 15
C

Curious1

My car got hit with similar sized hail stones. :(
*shrug*
At the end of the day, its a car...a possession. No no hurt so no big deal! :D

May i ask what area you in?

Sir Stefan

Agent Provocateur
Foundation Member
No major damage here, hailstones blocked the gutters and drains, which resulted in water pouring out of the light fittings into my office and water coming under the door, so I turned off power and left.... retuned this morning to soggy carpets and a damp smell.

Got a call from the Madam at Langtrees, saying similar things were happening and she was standing in foot deep water in her upstairs office as the water poured in thru the ceiling!

Then this morning a friend phoned to tell me her new car had broken windows and the body looked like an egg carton.

Then a friend, who's Daughter works for a major Insurance co, sent some pics of damaged cars in the Audi dealership...sad sight!

But hey...look on the positive side, it broke the drought, topped-up the dams, watered the lawns, washed the streets, settled the dust and has created Millions of $$$ worth of work!

M

Mary Anne PA

To All the folk that suffered damage in the storm, I hope everything works out OK for you and you get through all the trials successfully. Patience is the hard bit for me. Especially with insurance companies that run for cover and start quoting fine print that only exists on their copies of the contract. BTW Sexypuss, i can think of a couple of things that are a lot warmer that would fit in your hand just like those hail stones!!

DeeAnn D

Gold Member
To All the folk that suffered damage in the storm, I hope everything works out OK for you and you get through all the trials successfully. Patience is the hard bit for me. Especially with insurance companies that run for cover and start quoting fine print that only exists on their copies of the contract. BTW Sexypuss, i can think of a couple of things that are a lot warmer that would fit in your hand just like those hail stones!!

HAHA LOL ducksnutz Yes very true funny when i went outside and picked them up.. I had naughty thoughts LOL

F

Farm Boy

No major damage here, hailstones blocked the gutters and drains, which resulted in water pouring out of the light fittings into my office and water coming under the door, so I turned off power and left.... retuned this morning to soggy carpets and a damp smell.

Got a call from the Madam at Langtrees, saying similar things were happening and she was standing in foot deep water in her upstairs office as the water poured in thru the ceiling!

Then this morning a friend phoned to tell me her new car had broken windows and the body looked like an egg carton.

Then a friend, who's Daughter works for a major Insurance co, sent some pics of damaged cars in the Audi dealership...sad sight!

But hey...look on the positive side, it broke the drought, topped-up the dams, watered the lawns, washed the streets, settled the dust and has created Millions of $$$ worth of work!

True Sir. This Farm Boy was out of house water now OK, Tractor working ants ducks and frogs every were.
I think that should have been EVERYWHERE , What we need is a sex mad English Teacher ,

Last edited by a moderator:

hillbillies

Gold Member
The storm was awesome, we have a hole in our kitchen roof waiting to get fixed, but still the storm was awesome, lol.

Hillibllies

Sir Stefan

Agent Provocateur
Foundation Member
True Sir. This Farm Boy was out of house water now OK, Tractor working ants ducks and frogs every were.

Hey farm Boy, pleased to hear that you got a benefit from the downpour.

Now this whole thing has left me in a bit of a conundrum, for on the one hand we have a bunch of Scientists telling me that if I keep on driving my car and using my airconditioner, at home and work, and keep turning the lights on, and don't get rid of the spare fridge... that I will contribute to Global Warming.... and that the ice will melt and the oceans will rise!

Ok, understand that... but sometime after the storm I got to thinking about things and this is what I thought.... Well, here I am at the end of summer, when all of a sudden the heavens start pelting me with ice blocks the size of golf balls and sends down millions of the fukers... So... this took me back to my days at School and in particular back into the Science classroom, where I then discovered that if we ADDED heat, to water, we produced steam... but one would need to REMOVE heat, in order to convert water to ice... so where does THAT leave the Global Warming question???

adam74

Silver Member
It was mental where I work in Osborne Park and where I live South of the river it was mostly OK. Lost power for about 7 hours though.

T

thatoneguy

Yeah it was pretty insane, kinda funny how some people tried to fake hail damage and had to pay for repairs when they got caught out.

F

Farm Boy

My first post was a bit flip,I did benefit from this storm,most did not, having been on the sharp end of the weather on more than a few occasion (frost hail +long dry spells) my condolence to people who are out of pocket.

F

Farm Boy

Just as a footnote on the news today so far the damage bill is ONE BILLION and EIGHTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS, according to the insurance industry. As I re call that's ten times the original amount.