Now say whatever

F

Farm Boy

Here in Australia we can say what we like , if its not slanderous and do what we want within the law as opposed to following directions as given by a person .

This poor prick had to Learn the hard way again.

A VICTORIAN man is heading home after being spared 425 lashes in Saudi Arabia where he was found guilty of blasphemy.
Father-of-five Mansor Almaribe has already copped 75 lashes in horrid jail conditions since he was sentenced in November, the Herald Sun reported.

His family feared he would die because of his ailing health if the sentence was not waived.

Son Isaam Almaribe, 21, today told of his joy.

"We are feeling so happy - he is finally coming home," he said.

"We are all shocked because we have never been through this feeling before.

Isaam said the entire family would come together for an emotional reunion at the airport.

"We are just going to have a big party there for now," he said.

Foreign Minister Kevin Rudd was in regular contact with Saudi authorities begging for leniency.

Sharman Stone, federal MP for Murray, said community support for his release had been overwhelming.

"At that meeting (with Saudi officials) just before Christmas we presented petitions with hundreds of signatures of local and interstate people pleading for mercy and understanding, and the immediate release of Mr Almaribe,” she said.

Mr Almaribe, a Shi'ite Muslim, was detained while praying in the Sunni-dominated country while making the Hajj pilgrimage to Medina.

Mr Almaribe arrives in Melbourne tomorrow morning.

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
Another great example of the LAW OF ATTRACTION. In this case the hue amount of fear based attention drawn towards blasphemy in this place is just going to create more of it.

W

WRXXXR

Shouldn't stop you visiting though demon! It's not up to us to decide how they live their lives but when in their country it really is as simple as playing by their rules.

Demon

Legend Member
Shouldn't stop you visiting though demon! It's not up to us to decide how they live their lives but when in their country it really is as simple as playing by their rules.

I am not telling them to live their lives. If I disagree with their laws and culture that is a country I don't wish to visit.

There are over 200 countries in the world. Leaving out the scumbag countries still gives one a lot of places to visit.

Why should I provide an economic benefit to a country I disagree with in a major way?

F

Farm Boy

That good to know WRXXR and your fully aware of of-all the rules written and unwritten in all country's and never going to piss of some cleric / administration, piss ant dictator who can make up a new law on the spot,

Demon

Legend Member
Remember that Saudi Arabia is a feudal society run by the Saud family.

Look at their history. Lawrence of Arabia did the Arabs in that country no favour. Only the Saud family and their friends have benefitted. Most residents oppose what they do.

Look at how they treat their locals. The way they treat women is criminal.

Remember that German law required the holocaust to happen. So it was OK then?

In the Nuremberg trials after WWII the judges ruled that it was not a defence to say that you were ordered to obey the German law. (Thus the term 'Nuremberg defence'). Human rights trumps bad laws.

W

WRXXXR

Guys I'm not saying that these laws are ok or even right but it's not that bloody difficult to stay out of trouble and enjoy the good parts of the country. You just need to exercise a bit of common sense and generally you'll be perfectly ok.

We all know about what happened with Germany, we know that Indonesia and many other SEA countries are rife with corruption and weird laws (that little punk kid jailed for buying a bit of weed after a RnT..) but these aren't reasons not to go experience the good parts of different cultures.

Demon

Legend Member
In repressive and corrupt regimes, the risk of the bad massively outweighs the good.

I have no sympathy for people who voluntarily go to these countries and get into trouble.

What don't they know about corrupt and repressive countries?