Non English Speaking clients

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
yep translators are great... and Homer, the auto subtitle is already here I think for the hearing impaired.
I have a visually impaired Client who has an Iphone text-to-audio app... its terrific. messes up on auto correct so I have to be careful, but it even recognises :)

Bottom line is , if i cant be understood or understand my client, then its a no go for me... i am really more concerned about the attitude of the person ..rudeness, berating me for not working "his" hours, paranoia.. all sorts of cultural things that can creep in and give me the creeps :)

Now the only thing we're waiting for is a universal translator to be implemented in all corners of the world, so when one speaks a foreign language, it comes out in the native language of that country. But i hope they don't use Google Translate as their back end translation engine. It may well be lost in translation. :D

Happy2

Legend Member
Now the only thing we're waiting for is a universal translator to be implemented in all corners of the world, so when one speaks a foreign language, it comes out in the native language of that country. But i hope they don't use Google Translate as their back end translation engine. It may well be lost in translation. :D
Will it translate beepish to English ?

Happy2

Legend Member
If he does, he'll be feeling mighty beepish. :shy:
Good to see that even the best have bad days, when their wit is nearly as sharp as HP's
Please tell me this is but a glitch and not the beginnings of a form slump Your XLNC

XLNC

Whatever happened to FREE love?
Legend Member
Good to see that even the best have bad days, when their wit is nearly as sharp as HP's
Please tell me this is but a glitch and not the beginnings of a form slump Your XLNC
How can I keep my rapier wit sharp with the site constantly being down. Is it run by IBM or what?

Joe Ozzie

Legend Member
I chatted with MM about her restrictions some time ago; makes complete sense.

Is it racist? Technically YES !
But if certain races/cultures consistently cause issues and it's your life on the line you can and should be racist.

It's like a taxi driver asking for a pre-payment or declining a ride from certain races based on past experience.
There are reasonable grounds for racial profiling.
Ideally everyone should be given the benefit of the doubt but in practice this is a good way to get hurt.

Reality vs Political Correctness (PC).

I'd say to all WLs - be safe before you try to be PC.

Miss Monique

Adelaide's original Plus Size Delight
Legend Member
It's interesting to see that more WL are now choosing not to see certain men and to clarify things if a person is rude, disrespectful etc in the booking process they would be refused regardless of race. For those who know me you know I am straight down the line and in personal life I have more friends from from different cultural backgrounds than people born raised in Australia I am not a raciest person what so ever there is a difference I choose not to get up close personal in my work environment to keep myself safe. Since i made the decision not to see certain men I have not not been hurt, attacked nor left in tears out of fear or violated because they choose not to hear NO. As with bartering I apply the some stance when selling things, yes I like to shop and sell on things I no longer need if a person ask for cheaper they are declined and even if they come back up to full price I will say no out of principle. In some cultures is normal to barter or view/treat women different and I choose not to be part of that so if some see me being racist because of that so be it. A racist is not who I am as a person I choose to keep myself safe and if you don't like me for that reason then move on. How many WL are enduring things because they don't want to be labeled. I could not agree more with Joe Ozzie comment be safe before you try to be PC you hit the nail on the head it's about being safe